Pacific Terrace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Diamond Head Inn(San Diego)
View Hotel
Pacific View Inn(San Diego)
  • Beachfront
Beach Haven(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
Tower23 Hotel(San Diego)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Ocean Park Inn(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
2,138 results
All reviewsfull ocean viewboogie boardssand toysocean frontbeach chairsla jollafamily suitepool areahear the wavesturn down serviceboard walkview roomcrystal pierfirst floorhot tubsmall hotelunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Pacific Terrace is located between La Jolla and San Diego. It really is in Pacific Beach or PB as the locals call it. You can watch the surfers all day long and I particularly like the very long "boardwalk" even though it is cement right along the beach. I love hearing the sound of the waves at night which makes that hotel fantastic. The rooms are really cozy and the bed was comfy. The staff was very nice as well. When I drove to the hotel, I was a bit skeptical of the area but the hotel was great in spite of the neighborhood. PB is considered by some as a 'party town'. I thought it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hello in London!
Thanks for staying with us in March and for sharing your experience. It's great to hear you found the bed to be comfortable, hopefully that means you slept well. We actually get many guests wanting to purchase the mattresses. I am glad you enjoyed the boardwalk, I think it is perfect for taking a morning or evening walk. We can't wait for your return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Where do I start...perhaps with my five star interaction with the staff. An amazing group of individuals running the show at this tropical wonderland of a hotel. I was exhausted after what seemed like an endless flight from chilly South Dakota and being greeted with both a warm smile and cookies was beyond what I had expected. Diego and McGarety are a dynamic duo, second only to Superman and Lois Lane, they made my trip a marvelous one!!! Thanks a million!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank flymetothemoon88
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you flymetothemoon88 for a wonderful review.
I will be sure to thank Diego and McGarrity for their superhero service On behalf of McGarrity, Diego and the rest of our team, we hope you will have many more getaways to the Pacific Terrace Hotel in the future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a couple of nights at this hotel while in California on vacation. We selected it based on the high ratings and reasonable pricepoint. All in all, I was a little disappointed. Although it has the makings to be supurb (right on the beach, large, newer rooms), it wasn't.

Here are the factors that led to this opinion:
1) VERY thin walls. Literally, you could hear your neighbors conversations. This made it impossible to sleep since the neighbors above us were up until around 2:30am.
2) cheap furnishings. Although everything was newer and seemed to be nice (I.e., granite countertops), it just felt cheap...especially the carpet.
3) other guests. Because of the reasonable pricepoint, you have a lot of annoying fellow guests. For example, the pool was overflowing with people who were all very loud and obnoxious which was a bummer because our room overlooked the pool. It was just not relaxing to me (but, maybe other people wouldn't mind that).

Again, you have what you need at this place--great location, underground parking, opportunity to walk to dinner...but, I wouldn't recommend this place if you don't have kids and want a relaxing getaway. In retrospect, I wish we would have kept our original reservation up in La Jolla.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Maximillion1000000

Dear S-Dubb,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip advisor.
Thank you for noticing the great customer service and I am very sorry you didn't find everything up to your expectations. It is rare for us to receive comments about thin walls or unpleasant guests but we appreciate the feedback and will address it appropriately. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guests again someday and I am positive you will have a much different experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My family really love here. Kids and we love here and services. It was on the beach and provided us for welcome drink, Morning buffet was nice on the beach. We have to pay the parking about $25 a day that is a bit expensive, but we love to visit here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mia G
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Hello in Tucson-
What a great sunset picture, although I have seen some beautiful sunsets out in your area too! Thank you for writing about you stay and letting us know how much your family enjoyed the Pacific Terrace. We hope you will have a chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We were picking our son up from college in San Diego and have walked by Pacific Terrace Beach Hotel many times. I decided to book it for my husband and I and it was perfect. For a little more money we went for the room with a full ocean view and I am so glad we did. We woke up every morning to the sounds of the ocean. The hotel staff is great. Everyone was super friendly and accommodating. The beds are very comfortable and clean. Everything was great and you just can't beat the location and views. Loved waking up to the surfers riding waves as I sipped coffee on my balcony. We visit San Diego often and have stayed lots of different places. We were always on a mission dropping off or picking up our son, having our hotel be our base.
No more from now on I will stay right here - we walked the beach everyday, great restaurants close to La Jolla, the college and there is plenty to do right at the hotel.

Room Tip: Get Ocean View!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sweetemily

Dear sweetemily,
I am so glad to hear you were finally able to stay with us and found it to be relaxing. I love that you can hear the waves crashing from almost every room in the hotel. I agree, the surfers, and sometimes dolphins, provide perfect, free entertainment while relaxing on the patio. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future trips to San Diego.
Warm Regards,