Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$175
US$159
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$113
  • Breakfast included
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$155
US$150
US$195
US$184
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$270/night.

US$140
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$223
US$199
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$360
US$260
  • Restaurant
Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$139
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$139
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

2,188 results
All reviewsfull ocean viewboogie boardssand toysbeach chairsocean frontjunior suitela jollapool areahear the wavesturn down serviceboard walkview roomcrystal pierhot tubfirst floorsmall hotelunderground parking
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The acid test for me is whether I choose the same hotel again if I were returning to the area and in the case of the Pacific Terrace, I'm not sure I would. The location is great, with just a path between the hotel and the beach; there are several cafés and restaurants within walking distance. Our room was a decent size and comfortable (they even provided a step for getting into and out of the beds, which are quite high) but a bit dark; this is not helped by the unremitting brown colour scheme throughout the hotel. We had a nice balcony overlooking the sea but when we were there in early May it was not warm enough to sit on it. A big problem is the breakfasts which are a bit eccentric and definitely up to the standard one expects from a hotel like this. Perhaps we should have tried the room service breakfast, which comes from a café down the road!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ianewestt
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear ianewestt,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location and all that Pacific Beach has to offer. Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast and the room décor. We are consistently looking for ways to improve and enhance our guest's experience and your comments will certainly assist us in future decisions. Thank you again and if your travels bring you back to San Diego and you would be willing to give us another chance, please contact us directly.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Pacific Terrace is located between La Jolla and San Diego. It really is in Pacific Beach or PB as the locals call it. You can watch the surfers all day long and I particularly like the very long "boardwalk" even though it is cement right along the beach. I love hearing the sound of the waves at night which makes that hotel fantastic. The rooms are really cozy and the bed was comfy. The staff was very nice as well. When I drove to the hotel, I was a bit skeptical of the area but the hotel was great in spite of the neighborhood. PB is considered by some as a 'party town'. I thought it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hello in London!
Thanks for staying with us in March and for sharing your experience. It's great to hear you found the bed to be comfortable, hopefully that means you slept well. We actually get many guests wanting to purchase the mattresses. I am glad you enjoyed the boardwalk, I think it is perfect for taking a morning or evening walk. We can't wait for your return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Where do I start...perhaps with my five star interaction with the staff. An amazing group of individuals running the show at this tropical wonderland of a hotel. I was exhausted after what seemed like an endless flight from chilly South Dakota and being greeted with both a warm smile and cookies was beyond what I had expected. Diego and McGarety are a dynamic duo, second only to Superman and Lois Lane, they made my trip a marvelous one!!! Thanks a million!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank flymetothemoon88
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you flymetothemoon88 for a wonderful review.
I will be sure to thank Diego and McGarrity for their superhero service On behalf of McGarrity, Diego and the rest of our team, we hope you will have many more getaways to the Pacific Terrace Hotel in the future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a couple of nights at this hotel while in California on vacation. We selected it based on the high ratings and reasonable pricepoint. All in all, I was a little disappointed. Although it has the makings to be supurb (right on the beach, large, newer rooms), it wasn't.

Here are the factors that led to this opinion:
1) VERY thin walls. Literally, you could hear your neighbors conversations. This made it impossible to sleep since the neighbors above us were up until around 2:30am.
2) cheap furnishings. Although everything was newer and seemed to be nice (I.e., granite countertops), it just felt cheap...especially the carpet.
3) other guests. Because of the reasonable pricepoint, you have a lot of annoying fellow guests. For example, the pool was overflowing with people who were all very loud and obnoxious which was a bummer because our room overlooked the pool. It was just not relaxing to me (but, maybe other people wouldn't mind that).

Again, you have what you need at this place--great location, underground parking, opportunity to walk to dinner...but, I wouldn't recommend this place if you don't have kids and want a relaxing getaway. In retrospect, I wish we would have kept our original reservation up in La Jolla.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Maximillion1000000

Dear S-Dubb,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip advisor.
Thank you for noticing the great customer service and I am very sorry you didn't find everything up to your expectations. It is rare for us to receive comments about thin walls or unpleasant guests but we appreciate the feedback and will address it appropriately. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guests again someday and I am positive you will have a much different experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My family really love here. Kids and we love here and services. It was on the beach and provided us for welcome drink, Morning buffet was nice on the beach. We have to pay the parking about $25 a day that is a bit expensive, but we love to visit here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mia G
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Hello in Tucson-
What a great sunset picture, although I have seen some beautiful sunsets out in your area too! Thank you for writing about you stay and letting us know how much your family enjoyed the Pacific Terrace. We hope you will have a chance to visit us again soon.