2,247 results
All reviews full ocean view tommy bahama boogie boards sand toys beach chairs ocean front junior suite la jolla pool area hear the waves turn down service board walk crystal pier view room first floor hot tub small hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Visited June 20th and leaving June 23rd

This was our first stay at Pacific Terrace Hotel and most definitely will not be our last!

My wife completed hours of research of hotels with suites in the San Diego area for our recent vacation with specific time set aside for Sea World and relaxing on the beach and Pacific Terrace seemed to fill the bill perfectly.

All the staff (front desk, management, maintenance, house keeping, etc.) ALWAYS offered warm greetings, excellent advice when questioned, offering extra services at no charge, etc.

The location of the hotel makes perfect for our adventures and relaxation; excellent food on-site and close by, stores, etc. are all within easy walking distance.

I really liked having the secure parking for our rental car on-site (below the hotel) - we could have even used the valet!

The rooms were very clean and quiet - no matter the time of day or night. We go to our room daily during lunch to afford our 5 y/o a rest break or nap and this has never been interrupted by noise from hall or rooms beside, below or above.

Our room (206) had a balcony facing the Pacific Ocean and beach - what an excellent place to sit and relax after putting the little one to bed. Access to the beach was just down the stairs (or elevator) and out the door - I spent my early mornings walking the quiet beach peacefully.

Some mornings I also borrowed one of the hotel bikes and rode the "boardwalk" from end-to-end; also very relaxing.

The pool is a great addition for a quick break from the heat; rarely was it overly busy, kids have plenty of area to play without bothering other guests. For the beach they have boogie boards and various sand toys for the kids (yes I used them too).

To the staff and management team of Pacific Terrace Hotel, thank you for a fantastic and memorable stay!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DenaliDreaming
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The location of the hotel is superb, with a beautiful unblocked view of the pacific ocean. The rooms are clean, well appointed, spacious, and comfortable. The buffet breakfast offered in the restaurant is excellent both in value and variety of foods offered.
We found the entire staff to be friendly, courteous, and very professional and made our stay very enjoyable. Angela Menna, the Chief Concierge, and Marty Walter, the Food and Beverage Manager, deserve to be praised for their very special warmth and helpfulness.
We highly recommend The Pacific Terrace Hotel to anyone staying in San Diego and look forward to staying there again when we return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skippy21a
Reviewed 28 July 2013

To review this as a traveller paying $550 /night plus taxes its a very bad deal. The location is superb listening to the waves. Front of house Staff are very friendly and helpful. Facilities are not worth this money. I might view it differently if I was American with children. Facilities - no bar. The breakfast room serves as a bar and its not. The tables outside around the pool area have only hard seating. Fitness room - it works but too small and in the garage.
Pool - smaller than it looks in the www images . Food - breakfast is of very poor quality. I assume its meant as junk food geared up to children but I don't want to mix oat meal with hot water, no bagels, awful coffee. There is hit & miss pool service drinks, there are no bar snacks. You are supposed to go out to the bad bars in the Beach area. Beds are very good. The waves make for great sleep.

Room Tip: Pay the premium and get a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel as our base to San Diego's attractions, and we were not disappointed. Loved the attention to detail, miss little towel elephant on my bed and the best moisturaiser I've had in years. Staff was great. I'd stay here again...

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor if yoiu have a toddler, they tend to run around the resort if you are on ground floor as soon as you open room/garden door
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leki_Melbourne
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way to Vegas to get married.

The hotel is in a fantastic location right on the beach, but also has a lovely secluded pool if you don't fancy getting sandy.

Rooms are clean and well decorated, but the staff are exceptional, and made us feel at home from the moment we arrived.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple