Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$121
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$121
US$192
US$181
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$224
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$189
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Hyatt House San Diego Sorrento Mesa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$229
Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$124
Agoda.com
US$314
US$274
Travelocity
2,186 results
All reviewsfull ocean viewboogie boardssand toysbeach chairsocean frontjunior suitela jollapool areahear the wavesturn down serviceboard walkview roomhot tubcrystal pierfirst floorsmall hotelunderground parking
Reviewed 31 July 2013

PACIFIC TERRACE HOTEL
SAN DIEGO, CA
July 13 – July 17, 2013

The Pacific Terrace Hotel is extraordinary in virtually every area. You don’t have to read all the way to the end to know that I would stay there again in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

Customer service was over-the-top attentive from the reservationist, tortured by the most delightful man trying to get it just right (and doing so), to the concierge to the food-service staff to the pool staff to the garage attendants to the maintenance staff. Have I forgotten anyone?

We arrived prior to our guaranteed check-in time of 4pm and, sure enough, we were told our room wouldn’t be ready until the “guaranteed check-in time of 4pm”. I admit, I wondered if our room wasn’t ready earlier. They were consistent when mentioning the scripted phrase “guaranteed check-in time of 4pm”. And, as promised, our room was ready at exactly 4pm. In the meantime, we were able to use the facilities and that was nice. There was a place to change into our suits and we enjoyed the pool while we waited.

We splurged on a full ocean view room with a balcony that couldn’t be seen from any other balcony (Room 206). The king sized bed was comfortable with plush linens everywhere. There was a mini kitchen with basic accessories, a mini fridge, microwave and a Keurig, although ours didn’t work. I didn’t mention it. The extras for the coffee included plastic wrapped flatware and powdered creamer that I wouldn’t have used.

The bathroom was large with nice amenities. It should be mentioned that, at 5’7” tall, I had a hard time reaching the shower head and it didn’t adjust to a lower position.

The windows had very cool large louvered wooden shutters that opened in the wrong direction. Instead of opening from the center out, they opened toward each other, leaving you with shutters sticking out.

The pool offered an ocean view with a glass enclosure. Beyond the glass enclosure was the boardwalk and then the beach. Plush towels were available with hooded tops that fit over the top of the lounge chairs. Also available were large, plush beach towels. The pool water was a perfect temperature and the pool was clean. There was a small hot tub that wasn’t hot. It didn’t appear clean. That was the biggest disappointment. I really needed that hot tub. That was a priority when choosing a place to stay.

There were a few covered cabanas that, although often occupied, were available at reasonable hours. Other than the cabanas, there was no shade at the pool. There were tables on the other side of the fence where there was shade. Food was served and the ocean was still in view.

Sitting there, late one night, security came around to turn off the heaters, but was kind enough to leave the one on above me. Security was exceptional with a room card needed to get in everywhere.

The hotel offered nice beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards and bicycles at no charge. That might have been the only thing that was at no charge. Parking was $22 a day. Breakfast was $14 per person a day and was good but not worth the price. There were four hot dishes including eggs and a waffle station along with continental style extras. I was disappointed to see instant packets of oatmeal at a hotel of this caliber. The menu didn’t change much during our 4-day stay.

Even in prime season, the prices seemed a bit extreme, considering our room was over $500 per night. In all fairness, though, after a mention of a minor complaint, they compensated us with some discounts. Even though their prices are padded and they have the ability to do so, they didn't have to.

My friend, a resident of San Diego was told he could get the same room in January for $200. I would come back in January. I would come back if I could afford it. Splurge.

Room Tip: We were told Room 206 was the 3rd nicest room in the place. Which were 1st and 2nd?
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Visited June 20th and leaving June 23rd

This was our first stay at Pacific Terrace Hotel and most definitely will not be our last!

My wife completed hours of research of hotels with suites in the San Diego area for our recent vacation with specific time set aside for Sea World and relaxing on the beach and Pacific Terrace seemed to fill the bill perfectly.

All the staff (front desk, management, maintenance, house keeping, etc.) ALWAYS offered warm greetings, excellent advice when questioned, offering extra services at no charge, etc.

The location of the hotel makes perfect for our adventures and relaxation; excellent food on-site and close by, stores, etc. are all within easy walking distance.

I really liked having the secure parking for our rental car on-site (below the hotel) - we could have even used the valet!

The rooms were very clean and quiet - no matter the time of day or night. We go to our room daily during lunch to afford our 5 y/o a rest break or nap and this has never been interrupted by noise from hall or rooms beside, below or above.

Our room (206) had a balcony facing the Pacific Ocean and beach - what an excellent place to sit and relax after putting the little one to bed. Access to the beach was just down the stairs (or elevator) and out the door - I spent my early mornings walking the quiet beach peacefully.

Some mornings I also borrowed one of the hotel bikes and rode the "boardwalk" from end-to-end; also very relaxing.

The pool is a great addition for a quick break from the heat; rarely was it overly busy, kids have plenty of area to play without bothering other guests. For the beach they have boogie boards and various sand toys for the kids (yes I used them too).

To the staff and management team of Pacific Terrace Hotel, thank you for a fantastic and memorable stay!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DenaliDreaming
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The location of the hotel is superb, with a beautiful unblocked view of the pacific ocean. The rooms are clean, well appointed, spacious, and comfortable. The buffet breakfast offered in the restaurant is excellent both in value and variety of foods offered.
We found the entire staff to be friendly, courteous, and very professional and made our stay very enjoyable. Angela Menna, the Chief Concierge, and Marty Walter, the Food and Beverage Manager, deserve to be praised for their very special warmth and helpfulness.
We highly recommend The Pacific Terrace Hotel to anyone staying in San Diego and look forward to staying there again when we return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skippy21a
Reviewed 28 July 2013

To review this as a traveller paying $550 /night plus taxes its a very bad deal. The location is superb listening to the waves. Front of house Staff are very friendly and helpful. Facilities are not worth this money. I might view it differently if I was American with children. Facilities - no bar. The breakfast room serves as a bar and its not. The tables outside around the pool area have only hard seating. Fitness room - it works but too small and in the garage.
Pool - smaller than it looks in the www images . Food - breakfast is of very poor quality. I assume its meant as junk food geared up to children but I don't want to mix oat meal with hot water, no bagels, awful coffee. There is hit & miss pool service drinks, there are no bar snacks. You are supposed to go out to the bad bars in the Beach area. Beds are very good. The waves make for great sleep.

Room Tip: Pay the premium and get a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel as our base to San Diego's attractions, and we were not disappointed. Loved the attention to detail, miss little towel elephant on my bed and the best moisturaiser I've had in years. Staff was great. I'd stay here again...

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor if yoiu have a toddler, they tend to run around the resort if you are on ground floor as soon as you open room/garden door
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family