“Happy hour”
Review of The Brigantine

The Brigantine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brigantine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 4,890 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A San Diego tradition since 1969, the Brigantine has received many accolades in our 40+ year history: "BEST SEAFOOD", "BEST CASUAL SEAFOOD", "BEST HAPPY HOUR", and even "BEST SWORDFISH IN THE WORLD", according to USA Today - just to name a few. Beautifully remodeled in early 2009, the Brigantine is well-known for the signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Creme Brulee. The Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats. Home to the America's Cup until 1995, Shelter Island is still the yachting center of San Diego. The Brigantine offers glimpses of this busy marina from the outdoor patio and semi-private banquet areas. The Point Loma Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, and lunch Monday-Saturday. Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I thought their happy hour was good but now I don't think that as much. They have renovated since I last went. But seems that food have down graded. Just not exciting to go there anymore as much as I used to. This place is still kinda chill.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We had to order everything to go, but even boxed up my husband and I raved.. Best meals ever. The filet oscar with bernaise sauce was stunning. The fish tacos weren't my flavor but husband enjoyed. And coconut macadamia shrimp had a unique sauce that made them scrumptious. Even all boxed up.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

After looking for a nice seafood restaurant on Shelter Island I accidently found the Brigantine. The menu was good and the service was attentive. My selection was the seared wild salmon, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Afterwards I chose the warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.

The atmosphere was nice, a bit dated, and friendly. Seating was a bit tight, and required you to climb stairs to get to either the main seating area, or balcony, so it would exclude those with physical challenges. I didn't notice an elevator. As I was alone I was escorted to the worst view and was too tired to object. Consider for a moment that all I could see in front of me was the backside of a couple (not overly impressive) and a window view of a exterior wall -not exactly very island friendly.

It was a good first time experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had a large party of 10 for an afternoon meal.

Employees were helpful, friendly and accommodating. We needed to use the elevator to get to the second floor location with a baby stroller and older family members. The elevator goes through the kitchen and is operated by an employee.

We were seated in a separate area, which we appreciated because we had a newborn.

Food was served quickly. It was hot; some people liked their food more than others. Could I say it really stood out in any way - no unfortunately, it didn't. I really wanted it to but it was just average.

PARKING - Bring change, need coins for the meter.

Decorations were on the tired side. Probably would not return again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

It's good and crowded, but you can get great food at a discount. They also serve dinner in the bar, so get there early. Check out the historical photo's near the restrooms

Been to The Brigantine? Share your experiences!