“Great Mexican restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018

You will find great authentic Mexican food. Great prices and they have happy hour the whole day!!!! This was a great find...

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Nice surprise when I was given 2 hush puppies compliments of the chef. They were amazing. The ceviche was very good. If you don’t like cilantro you may want to ask them to go easy. But I loved it (I did get it with no tomatoes or onions).
The enchiladas were also very good. Too much food but so yummy. Service was very nice!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were trying to find a Mexican place for Taco Tuesday. The place next door to Las Hadas had a wait, so we decided to chance this place although it looked less popular, with more open tables. We sat on the patio for people-watching.

I ordered a bottle of Dos Equis, which I discovered was a really watered down beer that lacked flavor. That should have been my first clue that this meal was not going to be great.

We ordered the Baja Fish tacos. I like savory tacos, not mixed with sweet things like mango or sweet sauces. These tacos were the sweet type. My own fault for not reading the ingredient list I suppose. Anyway, it was a disappointing meal.

The only positive was when a group of female septuagenarians in yoga pants walked in and got a table near us. One of them had a T-shirt on that said "Remodeling in Progress". I joked to my wife that sometimes it's better to condemn than remodel!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

One of the best Mexican meals I have ever had! Simply amazing food. One of the best waiters ever as well. His name was Paulino.

The carnitas were the best I've ever eaten. The shrimp appetizer was delicious. Excellent guacamole too

We're going back for a second time in spite of the huge number of choices we have.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were down in the gaslamp district and a nice guy outside asked us to come in for dinner. I’m so glad that we did. This was a great place. Our server was wonderful and anticipated all of our needs before we could ask. Now that’s service. We had a lobster quesadilla as an appetizer. It was great. Then we eat had fish tacos for dinner. Then we had the fried ice cream for dessert. What a great dinner and so glad that we came.