“Nice Birthday dinner!”

Ranked #146 of 5,194 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 2008. We provide a wide array of mexican cuisine including tacos, fajitas, vegetarian, seafood, and celiac plates for those with allergies. Family recipes with high quality and not at a "gaslamp/downtown" price. We try to appeal to all ages including families, which are always welcome. We are very well known for our 2 daily happy hours open-7 and late night 10pm-12am which our late night is a high energy lounge feel for those that are 21 and over.
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Food was good, god portions, reasonable prices and server was very nice! It was also walking distance from our hotel. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

You will find great authentic Mexican food. Great prices and they have happy hour the whole day!!!! This was a great find...

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Nice surprise when I was given 2 hush puppies compliments of the chef. They were amazing. The ceviche was very good. If you don’t like cilantro you may want to ask them to go easy. But I loved it (I did get it with no tomatoes or onions).
The enchiladas were also very good. Too much food but so yummy. Service was very nice!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were trying to find a Mexican place for Taco Tuesday. The place next door to Las Hadas had a wait, so we decided to chance this place although it looked less popular, with more open tables. We sat on the patio for people-watching.

I ordered a bottle of Dos Equis, which I discovered was a really watered down beer that lacked flavor. That should have been my first clue that this meal was not going to be great.

We ordered the Baja Fish tacos. I like savory tacos, not mixed with sweet things like mango or sweet sauces. These tacos were the sweet type. My own fault for not reading the ingredient list I suppose. Anyway, it was a disappointing meal.

The only positive was when a group of female septuagenarians in yoga pants walked in and got a table near us. One of them had a T-shirt on that said "Remodeling in Progress". I joked to my wife that sometimes it's better to condemn than remodel!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

One of the best Mexican meals I have ever had! Simply amazing food. One of the best waiters ever as well. His name was Paulino.

The carnitas were the best I've ever eaten. The shrimp appetizer was delicious. Excellent guacamole too

We're going back for a second time in spite of the huge number of choices we have.