“Huevos Rancheros for him and a Bagel for me.”

Maryjane's at the Hard Rock Hotel
Ranked #343 of 5,560 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Early this week we went looking for a nice place to eat breakfast. Driving down 5th Avenue we spotted MaryJane's Coffee Shop. The restaurant adjacent to the Hard Rock Hotel was busy but there was plenty of seating available. We opted to sit inside. Our waitress arrived a few minutes later and served our coffee. The coffee pot was left at the table for refills as needed. We ordered Huevos Rancheros and a plain Bagel. The order was delivered fairly quickly. My Bagel was large and nicely toasted, it was served with two individual containers of cream cheese. The Huevos Rancheros were served with refried beans and rice. When we ordered the waitress asked us how we preferred our eggs and we said scrambled. Usually Huevos Rancheros are served over easy but it was a very nice change. While the corn tortilla is usually softly fried and served under the eggs, this time the corn tortilla was very crispy. It was a nice crunchy change and since we split the plate, we both enjoyed it. The coffee was delicious and it was great to have the fresh coffee right at the table. Overall, although the restaurant seemed a bit pricey (it is right in the tourist area ), the food was great. We definitely plan to visit again and try other items on their menu that sounded very appetizing.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We happened to stumble on this place while looking for a breakfast spot in San Diego without a 30 min wait. After deciding just to go back to the hotel and eat there we past this place and decided to give it a try. Man, am I glad we did!

As previous reviews have said, it is a bit pricey (by my standard, not San Diego). We were quickly sat outside in the sidewalk cafe area and promptly waited on. I decided on the French Toast and Bacon while my wife had an omelet and my son had an all American kids meal. The food was so good. Perfectly cooked bacon! Everyone had a little bit of my French toast and all agreed it was the best we ever had. For the 3 of us, it was $47, but well worth it.

We are leaving this morning and made sure we got up early enough to plan to stop by and have breakfast there again on our way out of town.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Great place to pop in for a quick bite. Ate there on two occasions, breakfast and lunch. Both great. Breakfast was huge! YUM!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for a quick breakfast with a person who was in town for a conference. Was very busy because of said conference - everyone trying to get something to eat before 8 am. Service was competent once they replaced the dirty mug that was at the table. Coffee was ok, but very surprised to see the cost of each cup. Wow. Won’t make that mistake again. I had the yogurt with fruit and granola, the other had the breakfast burrito. For the price the food was only ok. Didn’t eat there for lunch or dinner and glad I didn’t given all the choices in the area.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I wrote a review of Mary Jane's as a stand alone cafe. I see no reason to change that review, just because it associates itself with Hard Rock Hotel. Decent food, but charges as if a high end venue, which it is not. Better value at other eateries on 5th.