“I love this place for amazing fresh sushi”
Review of Shino

Shino
Ranked #549 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

This has become my favorite restaurant when Visting San Diego. This is not about a shee shee environment. It's about eating the freshest most amazing sushi available that day. The chef/owner takes pride and care in serving some of the best sushi you can find. I recommend just having them being what is fresh and spectacular. Shino thank you for making my last night in SD a meal I will remember

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

We ended up there by chance.
Outstanding experience: world-class sushis and friendly service.
Going back tonight.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Visiting from Vancouver, BC and having spent a lot of time in Japan, I had high hopes for sushi in San Diego. I was only in town for a few days and so I didn't have enough time to try a bunch of sushi restaurants here.

After reading a bunch of reviews from different sources, I decided on visiting Shino. I can safely say that I was not disappointed. The protege of Master Ota apparently opened this restaurant 4 years ago and if he's learned anything from Master Ota, its the quality of the sushi he presents.

I was lucky enough to be served by Keith, a 4th generation Japanese who served my girlfriend and I at the sushi bar. He was very welcoming and very friendly. I asked for the omakase and he did not disappoint. Each piece was well presented and came with a nice introduction. There was so much variety of sushi that there were pieces I've never had before.

We were served sashimi, a couple of appetizers, and at least 15 pieces of nigiri sushi. Ice cream for dessert of course at the end! All in all with green tea, it was about $100 US per person. Apparently the omakase starts at around $60 US and goes up from there. The average he said was about $80 to $100. Definitely worth it and would go back.

To note, lots of regulars visited for dinner and were on first name basis! Great atmosphere!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

This is one of the Best Sushi restaurants I have ever been to. The food is out of this world. The service is impeccable and the ambiance very cozy and clean. I love it !!! Will be back !!!

Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Not a big restaurant. More like hidden gem.
Every sushi was excellent. Locally caught Sea urchin was good in particular.
Nice atmosphere. Most of the chefs are Japanese.