See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2017

This place has excellent service and food. My sister and I both ordered the stuffed french toast and we should've split the order because it is HUGE. Neither of us were able to finish it. My husband ordered the french toast with a side of bacon and a side of potatoes. He loved it. The bacon is, for some reason, even better than most bacon.

We sat outside and they have heat lamps in case it's a little cool. It fits in very well in La Jolla and is a little more expensive than I'd usually like but the service and food quality are exceptional.

When we left our waiter even asked if we would like some coffee to take with us. None of us took him up on the offer, but it was so nice!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We sat on the patio on a warm November morning and enjoyed the friendly service and quality food served here.
Omelette, French Toast, bacon and fried eggs...all first-class.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Brunch is my favorite meal and I found the ultimate at The Cottage. Our waiter was so friendly and helpful and recommended the eggs benedict and lemon ricotta pancakes- Wow, what a wonderful choice! Wish we lived closer- I'd be there all the time!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2016

When people tell you it's a 45 minute to 1 1/2 hr wait, believe it and sign up immediately.
Or go early, before 10AM. This is a small establishment, get it...cottage!
Worth the wait, but if you're feet are itchy, walk down hill to the shore to see the seals and walk back up hill. You'll have an appetite and a Bloody Mary waiting for you when you get back at your appointed time slot. Cozy dining under the trees and umbrellas, watch the passing scene. Keep room for monstrously good desserts.
A don't miss.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Even though the lines are long its worth it. Ask to sit outside to enjoy your breakfast. Had a homemade bran muffin with my omelette. Also sampled the french toast! Coffee good as is the oj. In a quaint cottage style house on the streets of la jolla. The ocean is a few blocks away. So you can walk off your breakfast.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family