“Now called "Ramaki"”

Ai Sushi & Teriyaki
Ranked #2,978 of 4,870 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

A very pleasant surprise. My food was outstanding and the price was terrific. I had two orders of their sashimi combo (2 pieces of sashimi each of 4 fish) for $9 each. The fish was as tender and flavorful as any sushi I've ever had. Then I had the garlic albacore roll. Unique and delicious. A bottle of cold sake and the total for dinner was less than $40 before the tip. I'd definitely go back. They also have something called the Poke bowl which is a salad or rice dish that you get to pick what goes in it. I didn't try it, but it looked very good. Not sure how to get Tripadvisor to put this review under the restaurant's new name.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

It takes allot to write a review like this like but buyer and restaurant patron beware!
What I do know is that they recently changed management and the service is less than sub-par if that is possible. I spoke to the same lunchtime manager, Jasmine who essentially accused the two people picking up the call-in order from eating a particular item on the way back to the office...incredibly insulting
They have a sushi special that is printed with specific items...First time we ordered 2 parts of the meal were missing - Although Jasmine didn't believe us she agreed to replace the meal - They are very busy at lunchtime since it's a small place. About a month later we call to replace the order and add an additional item - She was sure to say the additional item was to be paid for...Of course- Seriously she had to say that!
We get back to the office and the main entree item was missing and they had charged for the higher priced wrong order and gave the lower priced item complimentary. Called Jasmine back and as noted above, she accused the office folks picking up the order of essentially lying..."don't know what happened on the way back to the office but I saw the chicken" I guess they do not need the business...Too bad since the sushi is good but their business practices leave allot to be desired.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Happened to stop by during lunch time. The order line was quite a long but worth waiting. The popular chicken teriyaki was fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Definitely coming back to try different menu next time.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Located in the financial district of downtown San Diego, Ai Sushi is a popular spot for the local lunch crowd. Recently, they expanded their hours until 9:00 p.m., which was good news to those overnight travelers like me and to overtime workers who are too tired to cook dinner.

This is the type of restaurant where you order at the counter and then your food is brought to your table. The menu features a nice selection of sushi rolls in addition to other Japanese favorites as teriyaki, tempura, katsu, yakisoba and curry rice. They also serve both udon and soba noodles.

The food was tasty (although as a Japanese-American I could’ve done without the teriyaki sauce on my rice), the service was friendly, and the prices were fair. This restaurant definitely warrants a second visit from me!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Fresh, well made rolls. Good sushi bar and great service. The sunomono salad was a bit too sweet for my liking though