“Fantastic!”

Sushi Tadokoro
Ranked #295 of 4,870 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best Traditional Japanese sushi in San Diego. Edomae style.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Sat at the sushi bar and was just amazed by the nigiri and sashimi they serve up! Sushi chefs are friendly and entertaining. Staff is very friendly. For such a small simple place in a strip center...it is hands down one of the best I have been to.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This place is high rated here in trip advisor, it is very good and fresh. The plates are very small, the wine they had was warm. I know most people don't have a glass of wine with sushi, but if it is in the menu. It might as well have good temperature. The menu is small. The place is small and cozy, very attentive service, excellent quality food. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Simply the best sushi restaurant I've been to. The food, the service is just way divine. I was here a couple of years ago and it was as good or even better. If you are ever in San Diego, please please make sure you visit this gem.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We tried so many dishes that I can't remember each one but the fatty tuna and raw octopus stood out along with the spring roll. We loved the ambiance, service and the food and recommend it highly. Only reason not five stars is that it is not fancy but that is its charm.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

To preface this review I am a sushi fanatic- not the kind that goes to order a California roll but the kind that gets up at 5 am to go to the Tsukiji Fish Market in Japan and can eat sushi for breakfast lunch and dinner. I know my fish.

That being said, Sushi Tadokoro is the best sushi spot HANDS DOWN in all of San Diego. It is extremely high quality, the chefs are well educated, and you truly get an incredible experience every single time. It blows Sushi Otta out of the water. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar and reserving in advance with either Take or Tsuichi