“Best empanadas in SD”
Review of Papa Luna's - CLOSED

Papa Luna's
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 11 April 2015

My wife and I love empanadas. Tried this place when it opened on Colombia in downtown SD. The empanadas are great. And they are baked, not fried. I had jamon y queso and the beef empanadas. My wife had the corn and the vegetarian empanadas. For dessert we split a dulce con leche and apples empanadas. Awesome. Fresh and hot. These are goooooood.

Reviewed 20 December 2014

Stopped by here while cruising around with the family. We weren't starving but wanted a tasty snack. This place was perfect and was great finger food for our toddlers. I wanted a chicken one and they had a thai chicken empanada. I thought that was so neat and it was very tasty. The house salad was also nice, overflowing with avocados and tomatoes. perfect treat.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Easily the best cheap eats in all of San Diego. Papa Luna's offers a selection of around 12-15 different fillings for the empanadas. There is also a empanadas of the month. All the savory choices come with a sauce, the chimichurri is great. You get a choice of fried, baked or heat at home. My fave was the Kickin' Chicken. So for less than $4 a pop you can get a nice flaky pastry stuffed with delicious filling. The staff was very nice and helpful while I tried to sort out my choices. I wish the had a store in my hometown. I would be there every day.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little place that you must try if in the PB area. Good for a quick bite or early dinner. They take things that you would not expect anf make a delicious empanada. I personally had the mahi one as well as the goat cheese. Both delicious.

1  Thank Joeybob9
Reviewed 1 July 2014

empanadas are fresh daily and they offer a great blend of ingredients! for less than $4 each! I highly recommend this place! affordable and delicious! they even offer an online special of $2 off your first online order
I visited the newer location in Downtown San Diego at 1050 Columbia Street, San Diego 92101.

2  Thank Wine_Lovers225