“The next BIG thing”
Review of Papa Luna's - CLOSED

Papa Luna's
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 22 April 2015

After visiting Papa Luna's I am now convinced that empanadas with unique, tasty fillings are the next big thing in food. Just the right size for a quick lunch or snack. Hot and tasty with a variety of choices, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Price was very reasonable. We tried a variety of empandas, but my two favorites were the Sunny Goat (goat cheese, sausage and sun dried tomato) and Empanada de Choclo (peppers, cheese and corn). But there were some I still haven't tried but look yummy. Would make a nice take away meal to cook at home too. Got to try these babies out! Yum!

Date of visit: April 2015

Reviewed 11 April 2015

My wife and I love empanadas. Tried this place when it opened on Colombia in downtown SD. The empanadas are great. And they are baked, not fried. I had jamon y queso and the beef empanadas. My wife had the corn and the vegetarian empanadas. For dessert we split a dulce con leche and apples empanadas. Awesome. Fresh and hot. These are goooooood.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Stopped by here while cruising around with the family. We weren't starving but wanted a tasty snack. This place was perfect and was great finger food for our toddlers. I wanted a chicken one and they had a thai chicken empanada. I thought that was so neat and it was very tasty. The house salad was also nice, overflowing with avocados and tomatoes. perfect treat.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Easily the best cheap eats in all of San Diego. Papa Luna's offers a selection of around 12-15 different fillings for the empanadas. There is also a empanadas of the month. All the savory choices come with a sauce, the chimichurri is great. You get a choice of fried, baked or heat at home. My fave was the Kickin' Chicken. So for less than $4 a pop you can get a nice flaky pastry stuffed with delicious filling. The staff was very nice and helpful while I tried to sort out my choices. I wish the had a store in my hometown. I would be there every day.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank 1mohman
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little place that you must try if in the PB area. Good for a quick bite or early dinner. They take things that you would not expect anf make a delicious empanada. I personally had the mahi one as well as the goat cheese. Both delicious.

1  Thank Joeybob9