“Good empanadas”
Review of Papa Luna's - CLOSED

Papa Luna's
Cuisines: Argentinian
Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

When we travel to the east or west from the Midwest we like to eat good empanadas. Papa Luna's definitely fit the bill and has three locations. The average empanada is $4 and two empanadas is just about right.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

They are quick. They are hot. The fillings were okay, but not as much flavor as I expected or wanted.The place needs a thorough cleaning. Good location.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

After visiting Papa Luna's I am now convinced that empanadas with unique, tasty fillings are the next big thing in food. Just the right size for a quick lunch or snack. Hot and tasty with a variety of choices, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Price was very reasonable. We tried a variety of empandas, but my two favorites were the Sunny Goat (goat cheese, sausage and sun dried tomato) and Empanada de Choclo (peppers, cheese and corn). But there were some I still haven't tried but look yummy. Would make a nice take away meal to cook at home too. Got to try these babies out! Yum!

Reviewed 11 April 2015

My wife and I love empanadas. Tried this place when it opened on Colombia in downtown SD. The empanadas are great. And they are baked, not fried. I had jamon y queso and the beef empanadas. My wife had the corn and the vegetarian empanadas. For dessert we split a dulce con leche and apples empanadas. Awesome. Fresh and hot. These are goooooood.

Reviewed 20 December 2014

Stopped by here while cruising around with the family. We weren't starving but wanted a tasty snack. This place was perfect and was great finger food for our toddlers. I wanted a chicken one and they had a thai chicken empanada. I thought that was so neat and it was very tasty. The house salad was also nice, overflowing with avocados and tomatoes. perfect treat.