“Delicious Uni (Sea Urchin) and sushi”
Review of Sushi Ota

Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed 25 May 2017

A colleague recommended this for sushi. Unfortunately, I did not plan well and was hard to get reservations for the same night. Instead, I called for pick up and took an uber from my hotel (Hilton San Diego Resort and spa). I was adventurous and tried the sea urchin, since it was also recommended. The history of Chef Ota says "He found that it was the best tasting sea urchin he had ever had and the taste experience immediately changed his life. He decided to stay in San Diego and opened Sushi Ota in 1990". That is the truth, I was pleasantly surprised that uni was very delicious. I also got the crunchy salmon roll. If you can't get reservations consider take out. It only cost me $3.50 one way from my hotel and I called and picked up my order within 25 minutes. And I think it took less time to eat it all too.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Dined here many times, and is the most delicious sushi in San Diego! Very casual - difficult to get reservations, so make your plans weeks in advance and call. Very friendly and efficient staff who aim to please. Don't miss this place if you love sushi!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Ota serves the freshest fish of the best quality. I have been enjoying his works of art for over 30 years. Just say "feed me'" and you will have a great meal.

1  Thank Garyp29991
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We' etried sushi all over San Diego and none beats Sushi Ota for flavor, freshness and presentation.

1  Thank SueInSanDiego
Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you know sushi, this is excellent. Nothing fancy here. Jeans/shorts fine. Or dress up. Doesnt matter. Food is the centerpiece. Make a reservation or expect a wait...a long one. I've also regularly ordered takeout - works great!

1  Thank upintheairmom