Kimpton Solamar Hotel
US$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$270
Official Site
US$262
US$219
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$179
US$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$176
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$139
2,165 results
All reviewswine hourpetco parkgaslamp districtjsix restaurantwine receptionconvention centerrooftop poolcomplimentary winemini barfree happy hourfourth floorthe gas lamp districtevery eveningrestaurants and barsovernight parkingvalet parkingper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We loved this hotel as it was in a very convenient location. It had a lovely pool and excellent service with friendly staff. The complimentary drinks in the foyer were a nice gesture. My only complaint is that we only had one night there. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cheaphotels.com.au
1  Thank Naccles
MarkDibellaGM, General Manager at Kimpton Solamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Hello to our guests from Down Under!

I love your complaint and could not agree more; one night is just not enough! Thank you for choosing Solamar for your short stay in San Diego and for including San Diego in your worldwide travels.

We hope that your next hop across the ocean in the future lands you back under our roof.

Best regards,

Mark Dibella,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel had a great location in the Gaslamp district-plenty of bars and restaurants. It was a little loud in the evening on the weekends. The room was nice and stylish as we are used to seeing at other Kimpton hotels. The bathroom, however, really could have used a good cleaning and probably new grout to have made it feel as nice as the room (and rate we paid) deserved.

Room Tip: If you're looking for quiet, I think a higher floor room would be good. dont stay on the floor with access to the pool bar if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mecanoe
MarkDibellaGM, General Manager at Kimpton Solamar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Windy City Traveler;

We are delighted that you enjoyed our dynamic hotel and excellent location near the Gaslamp – thank you also for the compliments on our style and design; very Kimpton. Our housekeeping team will ensure that the bathrooms and guest rooms are of an equal caliber deserving of your decision to select our hotel; thank you.

When the weather gets too chilly in Chicago, please keep us in mind.

Happy holidays,

Mark Dibella,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We love San Diego and the Solamar is our favorite hotel in San Diego. Excellent location, friendly staff and wonderful rooms and interior. The wine reception at the reception (end of every afternoon) is not bad either (great wines!). Our daughter just loved the pool. It's not a cheap place but worth every dollar!

The only bad point was our wake-up call to catch our flight early in the morning. The reception made a mistake and we did not receive our call. Just bring your own alarm clock.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are more quiet. Good choice if you stay during weekends, especially with young children.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at your hotel this past weekend, Saturday November 19th. I have stayed in many different hotels in San Diego (I live in Orange County so we travel there a lot to get away) and I must say I was very impressed and happy with the level of service that we received. We went down to San Diego to celebrate my girl's birthday and am very glad we chose your hotel. I purchased my reservation through Expedia so I was a little unsure of what to expect especially given the price for the room we stayed in. Your hotel surpassed my expectations. I will definitely be coming back to your hotel (probably for New Year's) given it's location and because we were treated so well. Joe at the front was very helpful and helped me out when I was trying to schedule a message from the in room services..please thank him. The only small complaint I have was that the room wasn't ready when we got there (wasn't ready till about 4) but I was allowed to check out a little late so that more than made up for it. Thank you again for the awesome service...your staff is great!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I booked this hotel for myself and for my staff after a nice stay several years ago. Purpose of stay was a business meeting in San Diego. On check-in, the front desk person repeatedly called me "dearie." I didn't say anything at the time, but the comment is umprofessional, condescending, ageist and sexist. I doubt he would have called a male physician "dude" or "kiddo." Corporate bosses should educate/re-educate personnel to be professional to all guests. I know their target is young-hip professionals but those of us who frequently pay the bills need to be addressed with courtesy. BTW, I am not a grandmotherly type wearing outdated clothes. poorly groomed or decrepit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business