I stay in San Diego frequently for business so I am familiar with the hotel options (have stayed at the Hilton, Hyatt, Hard Rock, W). This hotel is my favorite for the location (next to Petco Park and steps away from the Gaslamp District), nightly wine reception, decor, room size and cleanliness.
The hotel is on the smaller size (along with the rooms), so I would recommend the Hyatt or Hilton if you are traveling on business and space is important to you (small lobby and rooms). My girlfriends and I stayed here for a concert at Petco Park. We enjoyed the wine reception, headed across the street to Stingaree (restaurant) and then walked over to the ball park. Everything was very convenient and perfect for a girls trip- plus we didn't have to worry about traffic going to/from the ball park.
Stay her if:
- You like boutique hotels
- Space is not your top priority (small lobbies/rooms but they are decorated beautifully)
- You like Aveda bath products
- You like wine receptions
- You like a "city" atmosphere
- You like to travel with your four legged friend (they are a pet friendly hotel)
- You want a good pool scene in an urban setting
Don't stay here if:
- Space is your top priority (stay at the Hyatt)
- You want to be on the water or want a water view (stay at the Hyatt or Marriott)
- You like large hotels (stay at the Hyatt, Marriot or Omni)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore, indulge and recharge at this San Diego hotel. We gravitate toward folks who thrive when feeling truly connected to a place and its unique intricacies, quirks and hidden treasures. In San Diego’s emerging East Village Gaslamp Quarter, Kimpton Solamar Hotel offers an energetic vibe with rich décor. Our design aesthetic has been heavily inspired by the city’s personality as well as early Spanish influences. Our regal-meets-vibrant, urban refuge provides modern comfort, a rooftop pool oasis, dazzling dining destinations, genuinely engaged service, plus a central location ideal for exploring some of the city’s latest dining trends and sizzling nightlife options. Not to mention the San Diego Convention Center and Petco Park - home of the Padres - located just steps away. It turns out our team members like to stay in the know, too, so let’s explore this sun-kissed town together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Solamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton San Diego
- Hotel Solamar San Diego