“Great BBQ next to the beach”
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
Ranked #530 of 5,560 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Honestly, one of the best pork ribs I have tasted in my entire life. Also good cocktails! And every day happy hour from 3 to 6pm

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Dined here with family. Husband ordered a rack of pork ribs & said bbq sauce was best ever he's tasted. We're from out of town. Wanted to purchase the bbq sauce but staff said it's no good after 2 weeks. Everyone's food tasted great! We also ordered deep fried oreos. YUM. Staff was friendly. Would definitely come back if in the area again & would recommend to others.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Ate at the City Barbeque, and thought it was a good value. Had the beef ribs that were good- I am from the South, and maybe should have tried the pork ribs. Excellent service and reasonable prices, considering the location.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've been here on several Ocean Beach visits, even back before they remodeled. The food has always been VERY consistent, which is pretty important for barbecue. Highlights: brisket, pulled pork, chicken. I just tried a new option- the Sloppy Joe, which is made from scraps of rib tips- wow. So that means the rib tips are awesome too. I actually went back and had another Sloppy Joe the next day. MMMMM. I come here for the barbecue, but they actually also have a great beer/ale selection. If you're into that. ;)

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

This was our third choice after Raglans and Noodle House had too long of a wait. Happy to find tasty barbecue at a reasonable price. Ordered at front and brought to our table. Son and I both had pork ribs, mine medium spicy and his mild. Wide assortment of side orders available. Lots of tvs on the wall and plenty of people watching too. Fast and friendly service. We gave it two thumbs up.

Date of visit: April 2017