“Try It!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2018

OK...I know this is a BBQ place and I have in fact had great Pork BBQ here before. However, last week I decided to try the...wait for it...shrimp basket! (In my defense this restaurant is only a block from the beach.) I honestly wasn't expecting much...but to my happy surprise, it was quite good. The shrimp were flavorful and the batter was crispy, actually one of the best shrimp baskets I've had in my little Ocean Beach community. And I must add that my husband was equally happy with his hamburger.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank WriteBrained

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Honestly, one of the best pork ribs I have tasted in my entire life. Also good cocktails! And every day happy hour from 3 to 6pm

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Dined here with family. Husband ordered a rack of pork ribs & said bbq sauce was best ever he's tasted. We're from out of town. Wanted to purchase the bbq sauce but staff said it's no good after 2 weeks. Everyone's food tasted great! We also ordered deep fried oreos. YUM. Staff was friendly. Would definitely come back if in the area again & would recommend to others.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Ate at the City Barbeque, and thought it was a good value. Had the beef ribs that were good- I am from the South, and maybe should have tried the pork ribs. Excellent service and reasonable prices, considering the location.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've been here on several Ocean Beach visits, even back before they remodeled. The food has always been VERY consistent, which is pretty important for barbecue. Highlights: brisket, pulled pork, chicken. I just tried a new option- the Sloppy Joe, which is made from scraps of rib tips- wow. So that means the rib tips are awesome too. I actually went back and had another Sloppy Joe the next day. MMMMM. I come here for the barbecue, but they actually also have a great beer/ale selection. If you're into that. ;)

Date of visit: October 2017