“Stick to sushi, it was excellent, Korean options not so much”
Review of Nara Sushi

Nara Sushi
Ranked #1,029 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Went with 6 coworkers, all ordered sushi rolls and we shared. I love Bulgogi so I ordered that in a Bento as well. Overall, excellent service and excellent sushi. The Bulgogi was good, but not great. It was inexpensive so I cant really complain too much. The spicy edamame was the bomb, I could have eaten a gallon of it. Very good prices.

I had to take off a star for the ladies restroom, it really needs a good cleaning. Perhaps a hose down from ceiling to floor, new trash can and such and a coat of paint (and I aint a fancy gal, it was grimy).

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We entered Nara sushi not expecting so much but were surprised by how tasty and authentic the food was. Miso soup was strong and reminded me of Tokyo small restaurants, very well made. Tempura was slightly oily but still fine and sushi, though American style, was nice enough. The salmon teriyaki was extraordinary value for money and service was impeccable and attentive. Definitely recommended a try if you happen to be in the area.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Easy going restaurant..not modern..but sushi was very tasty..i loved the yummy salmon roll and there is a big variety to choose from. There is a good selection of starters and of non sushi entrees. No happy hour.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Well had seen this last time here few years ago remember few places make good salmon skin roll. Then older man and hand roll. Made roll with unsmoked skin and didn't overdo with the sauce good balance sweet for umami. Chef seemed almost insulted when asked to make sure wasn't smoked salmon skin. I only eat fish and got the variety Well took two times as somehow at first chef thought clam and eel were fish. Well he may not know his zoology phyla but the sushi was superb. Large by many took me three bites. Only the ball of rice was small. Not one bad piece all fresh with no smell and buttery smooth on the bite. None of the chewy sinew get at most places. Would give a five but tea was seven in a cracked coffee mug with tea bag. Used the small sauce bowl from the empty seat next to me to hold the bag. Ambiance aside it is all about the sushi after all and that was worth going away from the more trendy sushi bars near and in the hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

It's Buffet and A la cart, i went there with my friends we really like it.we chose buffet for dinner, we ordered a lot of Sushi rolls it was delicious! Service and Prices was Good, Nara Sushi is one of my favorites sushi restaurant.