“Great Sushi in Little Italy”
Review of Nara Sushi

Nara Sushi
Ranked #1,146 of 4,932 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We experienced a great sushi bar in Little Italy, extra spicy rolls and great sashimi! They even had Onikoroshi (demon slayer) sake, which we were very pleasantly surprised about.

Our server operated at light speed but was very effective in taking and delivering our orders. We had and recommend the El Diablo roll if you like extra spice in sushi. The Korean sauce they used was hotter than Sriracha.

What a find!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Went there for lunch. I eat Japanese food a few times a month and have eaten at different levels for, dives to 5 stars. This one ranks fairly well. I had a roll to start. It was well put together and tasted well. I had the Salmon Bento box....plenty of selection, good cook on the fish and especially tasty Tempura. Green tea was in a mug from Ikea and maybe this may be bad to say, but I have never had a Spanish speaking sushi chef before (he was pleasant and it did not affect his food at all). Overall, I would have expected a bit better service and food for the price but overall, a decent place.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Although fresh, food is nothing special. Good selection of sushi/making. Service is quick. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

This is not a fancy restaurant. It's a bit random inside and feel very much a neighbourhood place. However the service was friendly and attentive and the food itself was excellent.

We eat a lot of sushi and thought this was excellent. Very fresh and tasty with a beautiful buttery texture- none of the sinewy fish you can get in some restaurants. We particularly enjoyed the pink roll and ahi tadaki roll.

My husband enjoyed the Ono Wahoo Misoyaki and I enjoyed the sushi lover combo.

The only thing that wasn't to our taste was the spicy garlic edamame. There was nothing wrong with it, just not really our thing. We tried it based on some reviewers mentioning it, but if we visited again we'd opt for the plain.

Also very good value for the area at $60 for enough sushi for two people to feel very full.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

They don't have much selections but service was nice. I had pink roll(regular salmon roll)& my husband had sesame chicken bento. Chicken was not greasy and crispy and flavorful.