“Great Sushi Spot in the Gaslamp”

Sushi Lounge on Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Lounge on Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,194 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Description: Sexy, vibrant sushi lounge located in the heart of the Gaslamp District in San Diego. We have the best selection of Sake in San Diego!
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Admittedly, my wife and I are pretty new to sushi and may not know everything there is to know about it, but we enjoyed our recent visit to Sushi Lounge on Market Street in San Diego's Gaslamp District. After an appetizer of sea salt edamame, we chose the jump kick, throwing star, and crunchy rolls and were quite pleased with the taste, prep time, presentation, and staff.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

My wife and I discovered this place just walking through the sea of restaurants in the Gas Lamp Quarter in downtown San Diego.
It being late after a Padres game we got there just before closing.
We sat at the sushi bar and ordered a sushi boat for two which is always chefs choice. We asked the sushi chefs if we could NOT have a few items we don't care for and he happily obliged. The server brought us an extra miso soup as the meal only came with one which was nice. We watched the sushi chefs do their magic and in ten minutes was presented with a beautiful plate to share. We even got a few extra pieces of fish (Hint: always tip the sushi chefs as soon as you sit down before ordering anything. This always works).
The sushi was as fresh as I've ever had and the portions were great. We also tried some Kirin beer on tap which I had never seen on tap before. It went great with the meal. Wish we had a place like this were we live......

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with a homegirlie after a Padres game. Good location downtown. Sushi was good. Nigiri is prolly the way to go, to me it was the best thing. We had a rainbow roll, samurai, market, kajima roll. If you like jalapeño then market, kajima is for you. Not a big fan of it so it kinda ruined it for me. But in all it was good. Still got my spot for sushi in SD but if you are looking for a nice dope sushi place downtown then this is the place. After you can pick and choose any bar you want...

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

My girls and I waited 20 minutes for a table for lunch. There was a conference in town. They were really busy. Our server was nice, but you could tell she was way busy. The fish was fresh. The rolls were okay. It wasn't the best nor the worst sushi I've had. We did try some rolls that had tempura in them, I wasn't a fan of the way they breaded and fried their shrimp and blue crab.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Great service and fresh, tasty sushi. Enjoyed our time. Gluten free helpful and sensitive. Thanks! A nice variety of sake!