“fantastic sushi, great service, great value”
Review of Umi Sushi

Umi Sushi
Ranked #644 of 4,870 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2016

We had dinner here tonight while visiting San Diego. Have walked by this place a dozen times and tonight we tried it. Our only regret is that we should have tried it the first time. The decor is modern, fresh, and tasteful. Service was warm and helpful. A pleasure to watch the artist chefs in action. As good sushi as we have ever had and we will be back often.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We were in San Diego in March and went here for dinner one night. What a great place. We are die hard sushi lovers and this was a great find. To start we had the Philadelphia roll, which was very fresh and very tasty. Our meals included miso soup and salad. I had the Chiriachi Don, and my husband had the 16 piece sushi. All were sooo good. The service here is great, the food is delicious, and it isn't crazy expensive. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Had a great opportunity to spend only one night in one of our favorite cities and were craving sushi. Well we sure were glad we stopped here after reading previous T. A. reviews.
My date had CHERASHI and I had a suhi / sashimi combination meal. Both came with an excellent salad and Miso soup.

Restaurant on Shelter Island which is close to San Diego airport and other downtown attractions.

My date is Japanese and she thought the food was excellent. Do not miss this restaurant which BTW is priced reasonable. I also enjoyed the KIRIN draft beer. Am ready to go back.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Was in town for a few days for work and we had lunch here twice cause it was so good! The rolls were amazing, along with the edamame.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

the seafood salad here is excellent. They have a good selection of fish, the white fish is very good and rolls are also good. The teppanyaki is good and the seafood salad excellent.