All reviews citrus restaurant montgomery field renovated room hotel circle sea world downtown microwave sd convention california
Reviewed 15 July 2015

The Good: Staff are wonderful, Clean rooms, Nice pool area, Recliner as the additional chair, Refrigerator in the room, Nice layout for both rooms, Location is nice
The Not As Positive: The fan in our second room ran constantly. There was no way to turn it off. This bothered my husband so much he could not sleep. It blew cold air directly on him all night.

We ended up arriving a day before our reservation. Called from the road and they were booked. As I was on the phone they had a cancellation so they were able to slip us in to a room with 2 queen beds. We asked to move out of that room the next morning and move to the type of room we had reserved (1 king bed) which they accommodated. Staff were always great with every interaction. At one point the toilet did not seem to work so we alerted the front desk. Someone came immediately to fix it. Turned out to be no real problem but they were so quick and helpful.

They are unusual in that they allow people in the pool earlier than most hotels (6:00 am instead of 8:00 am). I like to exercise at 6 so I was actually able to use the pool. It was a nice pool area.

We were attending workshops at the building across the street so the location was ideal for us. We also had time before the workshops to see a little bit of San Diego and found the location of the hotel to be really quite convenient for most of the popular tourist sites.

We were here on business so the hotel was paid for by our work. Otherwise it is a bit too expensive for us. If I were in San Diego again I would certainly plan to stay here if I could afford it.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Mike H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Thank you for your feedback. It means even more when a Level 5 contributor expresses such a great experience. Our goal is to be memorable and create intent to return. In your case it looks like we accomplished that goal. We know that people make the difference and we look forward to your return! Mike Hensley, General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Hotel staff is extremely friendly, accommodating and professional. Convenient access to Qualcomm Stadium. Rooms were clean and quiet and roomy. I stayed for one night while attending a concert and it was the best location!!

2  Thank Christine B

Thank you for your comments Christine,
Your account is short and sweet. Friendly Staff, great facilities and convenient location to all San Diego attractions.
We look forward to your next stay with us!
Mike Hensley, General Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Have stayed here numerous times over the past several years. It's ok. I don't love it, but it's totally doable. There's such an institutional feel to the place because of how it is constructed. So much empty space in those wide hallways. Just odd. However, a big plus is that it's fairly convenient to hop on the highway and somewhat central to the greater San Diego area.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Mike H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Thank you for your review and loyalty over the years. Our goal is to create a memorable experience for our guests everyday. The Four Points, San Diego will be going through a renovation starting this year and I think you will see warmer colors and changes that will change the institutional look. I look forward to your return. Mike Hensley, General Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Room was clean. Did participate in the Green program, therefore they do not clean your room, however you do get SPG points back. Using SPG points at this motel is reasonable. Good internet connection. They do mention a par 3 golf course on sight; lets just say management should bulldoze it over because it is pathetic. Pool was good, but clean towels need to more available. Morning breakfast at the restaurant is a little expensive, but the breakfast buffet is the better value.

1  Thank Flyerman

Thank you for your comments. The Four Points, San Diego has a lot to offer our guests. Unfortunately California is in a drought, which has affected our Golf Course. We are working hard to make a better impact on the course, so I think you will see a difference on your next visit.
Thank you, Mike Hensley, General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2015

My mom and I stayed here for 2 nights while she visited me in San Diego. the hotel was clean and the rooms pretty modern looking, the only con is that the hotel is so spread out that you have to walk really far to your room if you don't get one near an entrance. the location is central so you can get to anywhere that's cool within 20 minutes but you definitely need a car. Parking was free and abundant which is a major perk since holes seem to be charging for that now a days. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Mike H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Thank you for your comments, it nice to see that a experienced traveler has a great opinion on the Four Points San Diego. Our staff and management take great pride in providing a memorable experience and we look forward to your return. Mike Hensley, General Manager