“Central location but odd property”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #214 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 25 December 2017

We are Starwood members and have stayed at quite a few of their properties. This one is well below what we have come to expect in terms of quality and amenities.
1. No Fox network on the TV so my husband could not watch a football game he wanted to see.
2. Hot water was not hot enough for me- granted I like a very hot water, but this water was just barely acceptable.
3. AC and heat is provided by a wall unit that cycles on and off every few minutes. When it comes on it is fairly noisy but when it shuts off it makes a high pitch whining noise. Thank heavens I brought ear plugs.
4. Room was not cleaned today. Cleaning person came by about 9:30 AM. We were just about to leave but needed about 5 more minutes. She didn’t come back until after 5 pm when we were getting ready to go out.

Room Tip: Odd layout to hotel. Rooms near an exit door are most convenient to parking.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Sadie D, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Mkshaefer,

We really appreciate the time you took to send us your feedback.
It sure sounds like we didn't measure up to your expectations and
We are very sorry for that.
Please let us know if you would like to speak further about the challenges you faced while here in San Diego.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Experience was good but don't expect same as Sheraton. Ok for the Price. Room was good looking and cleanness was good. But No Free breakfast. Location is 2 miles from the restaurants. good location if going to San Diego Zoo or Sea World.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I got my reservation through Hotels.com and wasn’t very pricey, just $77/night. And so I wasn’t expecting too much. But this place was clean, very quiet and the rooms are okay. It isn’t a modernized room. For example there weren’t a lot of power plugs to recharge my cell phone or my notebook; I had to hunt for them. The furniture and the decor could really use an update. But heck, I’m here to sleep not to live my life here, right? I liked the check in, fast and polite. One big complaint, $12/night to park here. That’s thievery. Other than that, not a bad place to stay. Purely just average.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Jeffrey L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the challenges you faced while in San Diego. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego.

David B

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is an old hotel that they have tried to remodel. The rooms are dated, they have very limited power outlets and the bedding is ripped. It is not up to Four Points standards.

To try to relax and forget how dumpy this place is I turned on the TV. They don't even have HD TV. I can't remember the last time a hotel didn't high def tv. Just another example of a falling hotel that is trying to not spend $$$ on upgrading the rooms or providing quality TV service.

I looked on the back of the TV and it is a Plasma TV. And it was made in 2007. That is certainly keeping up with the times!

I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. This is a 50+ year old dump.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Safetybobann763,

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

They really need to tear this place down and start all over. It ruins the brand of Sheraton. Every time I️ walked in the room I️ itched. They also didn’t have hot water but they expected me to pay a full nights stay. When I️ said, just give me points instead of a refund, she offered me 1000 points. Wtf! That can’t get you a tenth of a night.

Yeah, that manager listed in the other reviews, he never returned my call. He’s probably the sleazy owner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business