“Good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Hole in the wall Mexican cuisine with limited seating and no marargitas (do have beer). Service good. Food a bit bland without added sauce. Interesting local area. Try out the coffee house down the street after dining.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I had an ok meal at El Zarape. I had a chicken Fajita plate and the chicken was dry . My husband had a calamari burrito which he enjoyed . Other family members gave it an ok review . Not great . Menu is huge ! Looks run down but it did have an "A" rating sticker on the window . We were 8 people and the place is very small so we had to sit at different tables .

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Only about 5 minutes from Noble Park, you need to search this out if you're hungry for good San Diego Mexican food. Not a lot of seating maybe 20 people however nobody hangs out here like Starbucks they usually eat and leave. More choices than you can imagine. I thought that I wanted a fish burrito, however I chose a salmon burrito the salmon was outstanding tasted like salmon look like salmon and it wasn't heavily breaded or fried

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a classic hole in the wall joint. If you base your dining decision on the cleanliness of the bathroom, don't even try it. If you are looking for a big menu of reasonably priced Mexican food, it might be worth a shot. Be aware, the burritos can be a little rough on the stomach.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

The food was absolutely delicious. I highly highly recommend having the Molé (sorry if its spelled incorrectly). Our server Federico was awesome, superb customer service and spot on recommendations. It was comforting seeing the owner of the restaurant busting his butt in the kitchen, his hard work shows as the food was delicious. I highly recommend eating here when in San Diego.