“May find it tough to park”
Review of El Zarape

El Zarape
Ranked #499 of 5,225 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 28 July 2017

PROs
They have a very extensive menu including lobster tacos.
Price is reasonable for the amount of food.
The food is really good

Cons
Parking may be tough (metered)
Limited outdoor seating (only 2 small tables)
Inside decor is not nice at all...flies buzzing around, dark, cramped.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Enjoyed the 99 cent fish tacos, as well as a house burrito, quesadilla, and calamari burrito. As we were take out, got some of each of the three salsas to go. None were really "knock your socks off" hot, though two of the three had good flavor. Prices for the non fish taco items are understandably higher, but not expensive. We were full. I'd eat here again if we weren't a 24 hour drive away.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Hole in the wall Mexican cuisine with limited seating and no marargitas (do have beer). Service good. Food a bit bland without added sauce. Interesting local area. Try out the coffee house down the street after dining.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I had an ok meal at El Zarape. I had a chicken Fajita plate and the chicken was dry . My husband had a calamari burrito which he enjoyed . Other family members gave it an ok review . Not great . Menu is huge ! Looks run down but it did have an "A" rating sticker on the window . We were 8 people and the place is very small so we had to sit at different tables .

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Only about 5 minutes from Noble Park, you need to search this out if you're hungry for good San Diego Mexican food. Not a lot of seating maybe 20 people however nobody hangs out here like Starbucks they usually eat and leave. More choices than you can imagine. I thought that I wanted a fish burrito, however I chose a salmon burrito the salmon was outstanding tasted like salmon look like salmon and it wasn't heavily breaded or fried