“so so”

Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base
Ranked #185 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The hotel location is I think in the middle of nowhere next to a petrol station. Bus stop was close by (1 minute walk) and trolley station was approx 20 minutes walk. There was no restaurants or groceres nearby.

Bed was comfortable, bathroom not quite clean but still OK. Coffee maker, fridge, microwave and AC were worked well. Breakfast was ok, with toast, eggs, waffle, beef patty, hot chocolate, juice, yogurt, fruits, etc.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel regarding your recent stay.
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Mario who was working there went above and beyond to make my stay as great as possible. I was not aware that the room that was booked was through another site and placed me in a smoking room, which was going to ruin my stay, but he moved things around for me to get me in a nice non-smoking room. Was very happy with everything!

It's also very close to Comic Con, so taking an Uber there and back was a breeze vs. worrying about the traffic and crazy parking rates.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Daniel Ali | Area Director

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stayed at this Quality Inn location on our recent trip to San Diego. I searched and searched for a reasonably priced hotel that had good reviews from travelers who commented on Tripadvisor.com. Well, when I found this hotel, I was pleased that the review were overwhelmingly positive and the price was definitely reasonable as compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel is about five minutes from the downtown area. When we arrived at the Quality Inn, we found our room to be very accommodating, clean and comfortable. We were very happy with our choice and, on top of that, we discovered that they offered a free hot breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was great (waffles, sausage, eggs, bagels, yogurt, etc.) and a very welcome bonus as we were rushed in the morning with no time to eat elsewhere. I would definitely recommend the Quality Inn I-5 Naval Base to any weary travelers looking for a nice, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel option in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Daniel Ali
Area Director

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Location easily found off the I-5 and close to downtown. Cost of room reasonable considering it is isolated from traffic (but morning commuters can be heard). Front Desk Mario is really friendly and makes hard day of travel seem not so bad after all. Beds are really comfy. Rooms basic with microwave and mini-frig. Showers good. Did I mention really comfy beds. Complimentary breakfast is with hot eggs and sausage, waffles. Just missing sparkling glass goblets and silverware... nah, I just eat the food. Good constantly cleaning kitchen staff. Parking is within view of front desk for safety.

Daniel Ali
Area Director

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I just spent the last six days and five nights at FIVE DIFFERENT hotels. This was the last hotel of the trip.

The location is literally off the I-5. All rooms are entered from the outside facing the parking lot. Checked in and brought in my luggage into my room. People were hanging out on the outer area on the second floor as I brought my luggage in. You can see my shopping bags in my trunk so being that we were leaving for dinner, I left my shopping bags in the trunk with me for safety precaution.

The air conditioner was noisy. Sink was outside the bathroom. Bathroom is small. Towels were not completely cleaned. They were washed but you can see visible stains. I feel the price I paid was overpriced for what I received. Chose this location because it was a short distance to the airport and our flight was at 6am.

It is good for sleep and a shower.

Room Tip: All rooms were equal distance to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to San Diego.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
11.2 km away
Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown

Been to Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base? Share your experiences!