“Not Impressed At All”

Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base
Ranked #191 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Room had a musty smell and wasn't very clean. I was reluctant to even climb in the blankets. There wasn't any shampoo in the room so I went to the front office to ask for some and they lock the door. I guess for security purposes - but that didn't make me feel safe at all. Left me wondering what kind of area I was in. The breakfast "room" was so small and tight and the staff was not friendly at all. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our Hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Very easy to find. Hotel is in a good location for those with a car. San diego zoo, la jolla, mission bay, sunset cliffs, gaslamp quarter are all within 25 mins away by car.
Room is spacious, clean, safe and comfortable.
There was always ample parking outside the room. Reception staff were helpful and friendly. A very good 2 day stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our Hotel regarding your recent stay.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The hotel location is I think in the middle of nowhere next to a petrol station. Bus stop was close by (1 minute walk) and trolley station was approx 20 minutes walk. There was no restaurants or groceres nearby.

Bed was comfortable, bathroom not quite clean but still OK. Coffee maker, fridge, microwave and AC were worked well. Breakfast was ok, with toast, eggs, waffle, beef patty, hot chocolate, juice, yogurt, fruits, etc.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel regarding your recent stay.
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We always strive to provide the best service to our guests. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Mario who was working there went above and beyond to make my stay as great as possible. I was not aware that the room that was booked was through another site and placed me in a smoking room, which was going to ruin my stay, but he moved things around for me to get me in a nice non-smoking room. Was very happy with everything!

It's also very close to Comic Con, so taking an Uber there and back was a breeze vs. worrying about the traffic and crazy parking rates.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Ali | Area Director

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stayed at this Quality Inn location on our recent trip to San Diego. I searched and searched for a reasonably priced hotel that had good reviews from travelers who commented on Tripadvisor.com. Well, when I found this hotel, I was pleased that the review were overwhelmingly positive and the price was definitely reasonable as compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel is about five minutes from the downtown area. When we arrived at the Quality Inn, we found our room to be very accommodating, clean and comfortable. We were very happy with our choice and, on top of that, we discovered that they offered a free hot breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was great (waffles, sausage, eggs, bagels, yogurt, etc.) and a very welcome bonus as we were rushed in the morning with no time to eat elsewhere. I would definitely recommend the Quality Inn I-5 Naval Base to any weary travelers looking for a nice, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel option in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Daniel A, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,