“Healthy, fresh vegetarian fare”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,224 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I was surprised by my whole experience here. To be honest, we came here during a business lunch meeting, and the topic of discussion was going to be a tough one. So, I can honestly say that I appreciated the vibe of this place - from the hostess to the waitress, and their "question of the day" - which really helped ease the tension I might have been carrying that day.

The restaurant itself is a tiny bit cramped for table space, but because of all the white surfaces and large windows, it doesn't feel oppressive.

The chill vibe is further carried by the way you order your meal. Instead of saying, for example, "I'll have the warm-hearted plate", you say, "I am warm-hearted", and the waitress totally gets your meaning! It may seem a bit silly, but I get the empowering piece of it.

The food was very good. That day, I was humble (the Indian curry bowl), and loved the flavors. Though, again in the spirit of honesty, when the bowl first landed in front of me, it looked like a bit of a hot mess. Certainly not the prettiest dish I've ever seen, but it honestly didn't matter, because it was delicious.

The prices are a bit steep ($16 for a curry bowl), so I don't know how often I'll be back, but I do want to return for a healthy, fresh, vegetarian meal.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Coffee was undrinkable unfortunately being in Italian area it was probably the worst place we could have gone in to for coffee!
Trendy menu if you a vegan you would probably not find the food too bad

1  Thank Brat6861
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

vile coffee with only Almond or coconut milk ,undrinkable I actually think im gong to be sick , we all had the same view

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Great choice, great food, nice atmosphere, friendly service - if you're a vegan (or not!) then it's definitely one to check out while in town. There's bar seating if you're a solo traveller.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

In San Diego for a conference. Our group had five very different food agendas: two Russians, a vegetarian, a vegan and me. This place does amazing things with flavors and textures. Every one of us left totally pleased with the meal. There are not many restaurants where that would happen.
Part of a small chain--please open one near me.