“Beautiful and spiritual.”
Review of Tseyi Jeep Tours

Tseyi Jeep Tours
Ranked #6 of 11 Tours in Chinle
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I could tell by the number of contacts with Bobby VanWinkle that he was most interested that my friend and I have a quality, 3-hour tour. It was to be hot the day when we toured--he was concerned for our comfort and suggested we go in an air-conditioned vehicle. We were very comfortable and the fact that we were not in an open-top jeep did not negatively impact our visit at all. Our driver, Dennis, who has QUITE the personal history (military service, childhood in canyon, and rodeo rider), kept us entertained with local history and Navajo lore. He was soft spoken and respectful, as I find most Navajo folks to be. Our one problem with the tour was he refused to marry us both so we could move onto Navajoland and enjoy the peace and beauty he sees every day. Oh well, we tried. We both highly recommend this tour to everyone wanting a genuine experience of Canyon de Chelly. We're a little bit sorry we didn't take a longer tour, as the 3 hours went quickly.

All reviews
"guide"
in 8 reviews
"ruins"

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Today, we have taken a 6 hours tour to Spider Rock with Bobby. Bobby was born and grew up in the Canyon... So, he makes you discover the canyon with his heart and soul. You will see ruins, pictographs and petroglyphs.
We spent a wonderfull time with him, sharing all his native stories.
We just hope to come back!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

First off?-Bobby was not our guide. I had asked around and was told he would be the best. My husband and I paid the extra for a private tour, 5 hrs long instead of 3. It wasn't Bobby who showed up to get us. It was a young woman, all fine with me but I should have thought twice when I saw there was no Jeep. An old suburban, yes, I should have thought twice with two things that weren't "right" from the beginning.

The regular chitchat, all was ok until we started hearing more about her and less about the canyon. This young lady was lacking in the professional category. Both, my husband and said TMI after getting back to our car.
Would I go again? Yes, I would either insist for Bobby himself or take another tour company. The Canyon is breath taking.

1  Thank OregonKathyj
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Bobby was delightful & very knowledgeable. Spent 3 hours this afternoon visiting the canyon. I will be back & use him again, definitely but go for 4 hours the next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2016

The 3-hour adventure in a 4-wheel drive vehicle piloted by Bobby Vanwinkle, owner and Head Guide of this Navajo tour company, is an unforgettable experience. Although his name may not sound like that of a First American, Mr. Vanwinkle's beloved ancestral and personal home is Canyon de Chelly -- and he loves to show it to you and describe its beauty and history. You will see ruins of ancient dwellings, and examine pictographs and petroglyphs, gaining an understanding of the peoples who continue to live in the red rock shadows of this magnificent jewel of a canyon.

Been to Tseyi Jeep Tours? Share your experiences!