“Very nice place to eat, good food”
Review of Finely J P's Restaurant - CLOSED

Finely J P's Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We had a lovely meal, with a nice atmosphere, reasonably priced, and a friendly wait-staff. Though we did not have children with us, we saw other tables with very young kids and the staff handled that just fine. My wife had a vegetarian entree (hard to find around Wellfleet) and was very pleased with that.

1  Thank CrunchyJax

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The atmosphere works upstairs or down (There is a handicapped elevator). Lots of light.
Food is excellent, but I'd stick to fish or paella I order the swordfish almost every time. It is like butter. Service is fine.

1  Thank Gourmetgerry
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I have dined at Finely JP's for years on our annual visits to Wellfleet and it never disappoints. Despite its location on Rt 6, it's set back from the road so likely gets overlooked by drive-by diners and they are missing out. Lovely menu of seafood, beef, pasta, and more. My husband had roasted lamb shank and I had linguini with clams last night, both cooked to perfection (especially mine if you love garlic!) while our son ordered pasta from the kids menu. Friendly service and slightly upscale decor make this a great place for a family dinner or a date night out. My only complaint last night was a rude diner talking loudly on his phone in the dining room, another party asked to sit upstairs (the restaurant has 2 levels of seating) but the staff was accommodating and once he shut up we enjoyed the rest of our meal. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Don't let the fact that this restaurant is set back from the road dissuade you from visiting. The parking lot may not look packed, but Finely JP's offers reliably delicious food, a comfortable, relaxed setting, and attentive, friendly service. A favorite of my family over many years of visiting Wellfleet.

1  Thank twofortea2
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

This was a perfect place for dinner before attending a performance at WHAT.
The decor is light and sleek, service is friendly and efficient, food is very tasty - the calamari linguini dish was especially delicious.
Finely JP's takes reservations which takes the stress out of getting to a show on time.
And its location enables one to get to the theater from either direction without having to make the dreaded left turn onto Rte.6 !