“A Place Where Everything Intersects Nicely”
Review of Finely J P's Restaurant - CLOSED

Finely J P's Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Finely J.P.'s has much going for it. First, the food is consistently very good. This goes back to the days when it was a ramshackle little place to dine. What I like about it now is the calming atmosphere. The modernistic design of the building is unique to restaurants on the Cape. The attitude is welcoming, and quietly confident. Once seated, you have a sense of intimacy within the rooms. The veteran wait staff is always attentive. The prices-- quite reasonable. One dish that I always love is their ravioli, which they serve in many different ways. Most recently, their mushoom ravioli in a tomato and spinach sauce was right-on-delicious. My wife really enjoyed her pasta as well...with calimari in a spicy, light cream sauce. In the end, you always have a good feeling for having spent some time here. The environment, the staff, the food, and the price all intersect with nice results. You know that you'll come back, and it will be just like the last time.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

We had a lovely meal, with a nice atmosphere, reasonably priced, and a friendly wait-staff. Though we did not have children with us, we saw other tables with very young kids and the staff handled that just fine. My wife had a vegetarian entree (hard to find around Wellfleet) and was very pleased with that.

1  Thank CrunchyJax
Reviewed 10 August 2016

The atmosphere works upstairs or down (There is a handicapped elevator). Lots of light.
Food is excellent, but I'd stick to fish or paella I order the swordfish almost every time. It is like butter. Service is fine.

1  Thank Gourmetgerry
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I have dined at Finely JP's for years on our annual visits to Wellfleet and it never disappoints. Despite its location on Rt 6, it's set back from the road so likely gets overlooked by drive-by diners and they are missing out. Lovely menu of seafood, beef, pasta, and more. My husband had roasted lamb shank and I had linguini with clams last night, both cooked to perfection (especially mine if you love garlic!) while our son ordered pasta from the kids menu. Friendly service and slightly upscale decor make this a great place for a family dinner or a date night out. My only complaint last night was a rude diner talking loudly on his phone in the dining room, another party asked to sit upstairs (the restaurant has 2 levels of seating) but the staff was accommodating and once he shut up we enjoyed the rest of our meal. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Don't let the fact that this restaurant is set back from the road dissuade you from visiting. The parking lot may not look packed, but Finely JP's offers reliably delicious food, a comfortable, relaxed setting, and attentive, friendly service. A favorite of my family over many years of visiting Wellfleet.

1  Thank twofortea2