We were a party of 4. It was the President's Day weekend. Many places are still closed. There were long waits for seating in Provincetown so we took a chance. We called JP's in Wellfleet. They were very friendly saying that getting seated was no problem. When we arrived at 7:00 there were 6 tables being served. Most had come for the fixe price menu that runs from 5:00-600.
We were seated in moments.
Brought drinks in 20 minutes.
Order taken after 45 minutes.
Received food 2 hours and 10 minutes after arrival.
AGAIN, we were # 7 in line to get served. I asked our waitress what was happening and why the long delays. She said there was one person in the kitchen and she was alone waiting tables.
Here is why I will NEVER EVER EVER eat at JPs or be able to recommend them.
1. I felt duped and lied to. When we called, there was ample opportunity to let me know that they had seating but were a bit backed up.
2. When we arrived after a 20 minute drive, they had an opportunity to be straight with me.
3. After the first hour, without my asking, they had a chance to let me know what was going on.
4. After the second hour, they could have offered me a free coffee or dessert
5. Most unconscionable, the food was boring and uninspired.
6. I saw an additional waitress and heard someone in the kitchen talking to someone, another lie.
There are way too many good options in season, and there is never any reason for me to ever give JPs another moment of my time. They should rename themselves PJs for Patience of Job, because that is what it took for us to remain there for the 2 hours and 10 minutes it took for our food to arrive. In the end, we ate alone because all other diners had long gone.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.