“Fine culinary performance for your eyes, soul & tastebuds”
Review of Ceraldi

Ceraldi
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$70 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: CERALDI offers a new dining experience on the Wellfleet waterfront. Critically acclaimed Chef Michael Ceraldi creates a 7-course nightly menu, crafted from the season's finest and freshest locally sourced and foraged ingredients. The beautiful Wellfleet waterfront atmosphere allows for a convivial and relaxed atmosphere, where all diners enjoy sitting at the chef's table.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

This is a place you are looking for.
Why?
You might think you are going out for a dinner but in fact you are in for a performance.
Aesthetics of this 7-course / 3-hours dinner is something beyond description. Main characters here are dishes along with amazing staff as supportive actors & chef Michael as a director.
Can you imagine every single dish being perfect? Every ingredient of each plate carefully selected to complete each other. It’s actually kinda hard to describe unless you’ve had those in your mouth.
Having traveled all over the world I can compare it with quite some fancy places. And it’s still fantastic.
I was also trying to imagine how much work they put into the restaurant daily. To think through the menu, ingredients, drinks pairings. To keep creating something new continuously. To deliver it with perfect sync, great knowledge & warm smiles.
Bonus: you are right by the ocean. Come early and enjoy the view of the waves, sand, breath the salty air, watch crazy clouds. Maybe it’s another perfect ingredient adding up to the overall taste?...

And you know what? I have almost missed out on this place! Since the only thing it was missing was fine photos on TripAdvisor So I’ve decided to fix that. Some pics of the ambience along with the main characters - dishes.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

A thoughtful chef Michael carefully chooses his ingredients for the daily menu. He can be seen at both the Wellfleet and Orleans farmers markets contemplating inventive dishes. Our visit exceeded all expectations of this local eatery. Each course better than the next. Both wine and soft beverage pairings are the utmost complement. The beauty of taste and presentation are only surpassed by the delectable taste and texture profiles created. A must for those who love food as theatre.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We ate at Ceraldi last night for the first time and I couldn't fall asleep when we got home because I was still replaying the night in my head. This is a fantastic and DELICIOUS experience. And it is an experience - you have to look at it that way, it's not just a dinner. We sat at the bar - which I would definitely recommend - and loved watching all of the prep going on. The staff is amazing, each of the 4 servers were very knowledgeable and were well acquainted with the wines. I had to read the 4 poor/terrible reviews before writing this, and those people must have been at a different restaurant. The whole meal took about 2 3/4 hours, so there's no way each course took 45 minutes to be served - we wouldn't have left till midnight (we were at the 5:30 seating) and the 8:30 group would have been left sitting in the parking lot!!! This is a well executed dinner, and cudos to Michael Ceraldi for his menu. He decides on what to cook EACH DAY, not in advance and the 7 portions added up to plenty of food. They will prepare alternate plates for people who have food allergies/preferences if you tell them in advance. I wish we hadn't waited so long to try this restaurant. I will say, for us, it is more of a special occasion restaurant, and I am going to come up with as many special occasions as I can next year during their open season.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This made for an unforgettable birthday dinner with my husband. It was true to its claim of a 3 hr dining experience. We had seats at “bar” which was more a prime viewing spot for the prepping & plating. Entertainment unto itself. Chef’s initial presentation thorough and informative and got us excited to be eating truly so local farm to table. My husband enjoyed higher end wine tasting pairings. You need to be open minded and be ready for a wide variety and open to cheg’s Interpretations. Each course (7 I believe) was uniquely delicious and a dining experience. By about the 5th course, I was actually stuffed and had wished portions had been slightly smaller. Dessert was underwhelming. I was excited but in this case, the use of organic local herbs was not well rcv’d by our palettes. It was the addt’n if lavender that did not bode well for us. Overall, very memorable and an experience. Great ambiance, service and music!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Superb food and excellent service. The menu changes daily and food is sourced locally. This is a small place where you will have outstanding food and the chef and entire staff make you feel you are the only customer. This is a 7 course prix fixe price and menu. Wine parings are also an option. Yes it is expensive, but well worth the price. Make reservations well in advance. If you like to watch food being plated, sit at the bar, I would recommend that. If you want to enjoy one of the tables, that would also be good. It sits at the harbor in Welfleet.