2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$225
Hotels.comUS$225
FindHotelUS$225
eDreamsUS$225
PricelineUS$225
CheapTicketsUS$225
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

Booked one night to be in town to avoid the Saturday traffic. I knew from the pictures online the hotel was dated which I thought was fine. We checked in got to our room and we’ll it was awful. The room was less than clean The mini fridge was all rusted the carpet was dirty and coming apart. The dresser was missing hardware and there were small holes in the door and the phone did not work. I paid $200 for the room which did not meet that price.

Reviewed 10 July 2020

1 night stay and the inn was as i remembered as a child. Comfy clean rooms and a very welcoming staff. Morning check out was a breeze with warm wishes for safe travels. Thanks for a great nights sleep!!!!

Reviewed 4 July 2020

My Dad and I decided to come down to the OBX for a night. He chose this place, seeing the pictures of the place looked nice and clean. When we arrived, we noticed that the rate for the rooms had dropped. We mentioned this to the front desk, and who seemed to the manager, told my Dad it was HIS fault for going through the site and not calling the hotel personally. The images are VERY misleading! The cleanliness of the room was mediocre. I found dead bugs on the floor in the bathroom, and someone smashed a bug on the dresser and neglected to clean it up! No bags in the trash cans! The shower was not cleaned at all! There were no pillowcases on the pillows, and comforters had cigarette burns on them. The wifi did NOT work, and pools were closed (understood due to COVID). The chairs they had placed out in front of the rooms were old and dirty- Looked like they were from the 1990s to add onto it. The outside of the building was not well kept either! The grass was not cut, and weeds were everywhere. Please beware if you consider going to this establishment. If you choose to go here PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LINENS!!!

1  Thank BumbleB3386
Reviewed 18 June 2020

After traveling all day we got to the hotel and thought we could get an early check in ...well room wasn't ready and checkin was not till 4...ok whatever... when we did check in the room smelled so bad that I asked to switch rooms...she did but wasn't any better... the sheets smelled of clorox way to much.... the carpet was filthy..and I think it's time to get rid of carpeting ... carpeting is the worst for caring germs... whole place needs redone ...resteraunt was not opened...had an outside pool but wasn't opened. WAS NOT worth $126.00 won't be staying again.... A/C needed a face lift ...

Room tip: Don't book there
Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank marilynrZ7562VO
Reviewed 29 November 2019

Terrible experience. I booked two rooms months in advance for a family wedding. Hotel was close to the venue and offered an indoor pool so we chose it. 2 wks before the trip I called the actual hotel to ask for early check-in on 1 room to dress for the wedding which was at 4. The man I spoke with assured me early arrival was fine. Upon arrival at 1:30 I was told no rooms were ready despite there not being any cars in the lot. I explained at this time that we would only need the 2nd room for one night but a cancellation was refused because of a 48 hr rule that was never explained when booking. I tried to contact booking.com but could not speak with them because I had only my confirmation # and not the 4 digit ID#. The rooms were dirty and musty smelling, we had a roach in the sink as well as more in the hallway leading to pool. Pool was only open 6 hrs of our 2 day stay because it was a holiday?!?! but when we tried to use it the stained pool and actual paint falling off the ceiling into the pool indicates that health Dept should close it permanently. The 1st night a man in his underwear was standing in the lot honking his trucks horn with his remote. I complained and the woman's response was "oh he is just a drunk fisherman" as if that made it acceptable. On the second day half of our party left but I still had to pay for 2 dirty rooms and when I went to check out the nasty owner (woman) threatened to call the police on me for complaining. I will follow up this review with a complaint to booking.com as well as a call to the local health inspector and business bureau. Totally unacceptable.

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank Go195399
elizabethaninn, Manager at Elizabethan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We are highly disappointed to learn that you had to face such discomfort during your stay. We have sincerely noted down all the concerning points and shall soon forward the report to the higher administration for the immediate action over it. If possible please share your complete booking details with us so that we could easily refer to the further details of your stay. Your concern regarding the woman who threatened has been taken into consideration and we shall soon take action over it after proper investigation. Please note that your review is quite valuable to us and we are determined to help you in every possible way. Hope for your next visit soon!