“Good Asian Buffet”

Dragon China
Ranked #14 of 81 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We visited with a group of 7 adults. Seated quickly with an attentive waitress. The food was good and pretty much what you expect at an Asian buffet. They had boiled crayfish which was a pleasant surprise. It was good food at a reasonable buffet price.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Decided to stop in for a hearty lunch after visiting the caverns. When we got there, was surprised how big it was.... and how full the parking lot. Good sign! Went in, nice display of food. Quick service, food was very fresh since the place was so busy. All good quality, not exceptional, but about what you would expect from a better Chinese buffet restaurant. Worked for us. Would go back if we’re in the area again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Large buffet area. Food was fresh and plentiful Some of meat not best quality but is typical in Asian buffet. Was a good place to eat for not too much money.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been on vacation since 2/23 and didn’t want BBQ or Mexican so we decided to give this a go. The parking lot was full but we were seated right away. The food was replenished the whole time we were there. So yes there was lots to choose from and I found most of the chicken dishes heavily breaded and over fried. My favorite things were the pork egg roll, the dumplings were great and the sushi. Everything else I had was just okay, not outstanding. As one expects with a buffet you do leave full between the Chinese and American food options, no reason not too.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I normally avoid these types of "Chinese" food where I tend to overeat and eat more food that is not necessarily good for me. We came on a Sunday night and the restaurant was very full. The buffet is much larger and way more variety than typical places. Lots of options with vegetables. I would say the quality is slightly better than average. The all Asian staff managed to keep the buffet fairly full and definitely not "tired". We were very surprised by the whole salmon which was very good and actually tasted fresh. The atmosphere is crowded and carpet and furnishings a bit worn but overall I think a good value.

1  Thank tangojohnDallas

Been to Dragon China? Share your experiences!