“A fun place - enjoyed the ambiance and the food”
Review of No Whiner Diner

No Whiner Diner
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This place has a really cute and folksy feel to it - the menu was a lot of fun - we ordered the soup of the day, and a half sandwich. Everything was really good, very inexpensive, and the service was good, too.
A very good place for home made soup!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Nice inside, nice servers, food was meh.
Not a lot of flavor and small portions.
I don't think I will go back.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Decent enough food for low prices but just don't get chicken on your salad. No joke, it is so rubbery it's like chewing a sponge. I've eaten my share of chicken nuggets but this was bad enough that, when I gave my hubby a bite, he spit it out in his napkin. Apparently I'm not the only one with this opinion because when I told our server she said, "Our cooked chicken isn't for everyone". I don't think the meat was bad or prepared badly. It was just such low quality that it was a tasteless glob. I'd be embarrassed to serve something like this to my family!

The other food was decent. The little loaf of bread was hot and tasty. Still, after this experience I won't be back.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We visited this restaurant upon the recommendation of our motel proprietor and were very satisfied. The fare iincludes basic American specialities, sandwiches and salads at very reasonable prices for the quality and portion sizes. The service was very personable and great, too. Our food was served hot and timely. My partner had a loaded cheeseburger that she said tasted homemade and was one of the best she's had in our New Mexico touring. My pastrami sandwich was also "loaded" with meat and fixings and was very good. We chose the onion rings as our "side," and loved them. "Fine dining" this is not - but it's the great "home made," American food many of us grew up with in "fly-over country" USA!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Good food, reasonable prices, friendly people, excellent service, what more can you say? Best onion rings ever!