“Slooooowww service! ”

McAlister's Deli Carlsbad NM
Ranked #3 of 8 Quick Bites in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I don't know how they operate a drive thru! We ordered our dinner to go and it took over 20 minutes! As we were hoping to pick up something fast to eat in the way to the caverns to see the bats, we were horribly disappointed by the slow service.

Also, the large cups were out, so we all had to get a small cup.

And they forgot our chips.

The food itself was fine, so I can't leave it at one star as I'd like, but the whole experience was so disappointing. This has never happened at any of the locations in our hometown, so it's not a great credit to the people of Carlsbad.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We are vegetarians who are also gluten free. I found McAllister cafe online, read the reviews and read their menu.
Excellent choices for all types of eaters.
We had 1 spud, with veggie chili and cheese. HUGE serving, we spit it and it was more than enough for my husband and I.
Clean restaurant, sandwiches, salads and lots more to choose from.
Plan to be very hungry and to get a lot of food for your money.
Yum.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Noticed McAlister’s Deli while driving through Artesia, NM and it was busy. Lot full of vehicles and people at every table. So I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed there was a location in Carlsbad, NM.

The food was great, staff were friendly and helpful and the establishment was clean.

I definitely recommend trying this gem of a deli. The potato salad is delicious, had I known I would have added another side of it with my meal. The sandwiches were fresh, tasty and hit the spot let’s not forget the fact that they are a generous size so come hungry.

Date of visit: December 2017
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at McAlister's Deli Carlsbad NM, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to let us know about your experience! We are thrilled that you were able to stop by on your drive and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

As a walkin', ordered the Ham & Cheese Toastie & California Turkey Reuben to go. Sandwiches were prepared in a timely manner, were as ordered and they were both tasty. We would definitely return to this McAlisters in the future if in the area.

Date of visit: October 2017
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at McAlister's Deli Carlsbad NM, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to let us know about your experience! I am happy that you enjoyed your food and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Carlsbad!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The menu had varied choices and I like the half and half choices. I had a half Black Angus roast beef spud and half Savannah chopped salad. The salad was fresh and the dressing was delicious and served on the side.
The baked potatoe was slightly over cooked and therefore slightly dry but overall it was a good experience.
Service was also very good especially the order taker going over everything we ordered to make sure we knew what we were getting.

Date of visit: October 2017