“Excellent late sushi lunch”
Review of An’nam

An’nam
Ranked #412 of 14,717 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We started lunch at 2pm and were greeted very courteously and served with attention and no rush.

We had sushi , sashimi, rolls and pho soup. All of them were fresh and well prepared.

A bottle of Martin Ray Chardonnay was an an excellent match.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Our last night in New York, my wife and I decided to try this place based on some good TA reviews.

The chicken katsu was soggy and lukewarm., and they had definitely not used Panko breadcrumbs. The Katsu sauce was thick and soy-like, rather than the usual fruity taste, for less the curry sauce we were promised.

My chicken satay was mainly veg, and had no peanuts, either physically or in taste.

The steamed pork dumplings were too big and too chewy.

The meals were virtually untouched, but we were not asked if the food was OK.

I will put this one down to experience, but recommend you go elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

First night here and as it was adjoined to our hotel, we thought we would give this place a try; plus I like Thai food.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and the place was nice enough; still had Christmas lights up?? However, so did other places we noticed. White lights nice but the coloured wraths too Christmassy, when it isn't Christmas. Maybe they were celebrating Chinese new Year!

There iced Thai tea is so nice, I had two. I started with salt and pepper Calamari and it was really nice-massive portion though. My main course came as I had started my starter, bit too quick. I ended up eating both dishes at the same time-luckily it seemed to work. My vegetable pad Thai was very spicy and I couldn't finish it but I was full. Sate chicken was said to be tasty by my daughter.

Whole bill with soft drinks came to £51, so very cheap and I would recommend

We sat near the cash desk and it was very busy with take-away's-so looks like this is a popular place to get food

1  Thank plushdragon
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Taking lunch at Annam during New Year's Eve day, the atmosphere of the restaurant is relaxing and warm after very cold day in New York. This restaurant serves Japanese and Vietnamese cuisine which both has good food quality and price is quite expensive for both cuisine.

We ordered four dishes, seafood udon, two beef pho which is good, and teriyaki chicken rice. So far we enjoyed the taste and service is also excellent. They also fast in serving the order.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Whether you're in the mood for sushi, Pho, dumplings, spring rolls, etc. An Nam has it covered. Hands down, the best service I've experienced in years. The General Manager , James has a team that can't be beat. The recommendations are fabulous. Starting with a tuna/avocado hand roll in crisp nori and accompanied by sharp ginger, my palate was primed. The next course included summer spring rolls and homemade pan fried pork dumplings with an unctuous wrapper. The pork was pleasantly sweet and studded with pristine green onions. The sake pairing was fabulous. The main course was a beef pho which had an ox-tail broth and two types of beef. Juicy and perfect for a chilly day. A mountain of bean sprouts and basil came to add as I liked only to have a drizzle of Sriracha squeezed upon the medley. The restaurant was so fabulous I went back the next day. The whole block is great as a matter of fact as La Masseria is across the street and Hurley's Tavern down the block.