“Let's keep our Museums”

Ranked #3 of 1,116 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience over 5,000 years of art from around the world. The Met is for anyone as a source of inspiration, insight and understanding. You can learn, escape, play, dream, discover, connect.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Loved just looking around at all the exhibits. And the wonderful gift shop items.

There are newer reviews for The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Well if bigger is better then they have it. They seem to have plundered art and artefacts from around the world and placed them very nicely in lovely setting but it is all a bit much to take in. I prefer intamecy and my art/history to tell me a story and draw me in. I was left fairly cold. I noted most other visitors were scurrying round in a kind of meaningless fashion. More a case of I have done the Metroapolitan -tick it off.
At $25 I would like less not more. I did partake of some of the tours to try to get meaning and the guides were excllent and knowledgable but again failed to tell a story or paint a picture of time and place.
Front of house staff were also pleasant and helpful, particularly one older man who could have been a volunteer. The toilets like everywhere in New York left a lot to be desired but we were redirected by a museum security man to some unmarked toilets which shortened the wait and were in better condition than the main ones. As I say all staff encountered we're very nice.
The cafe facility I used was very over subscribed and there was a lengthy wait these facilities could be expanded. I note someone commented on price, I thought it was quite reasonable and of a decent quality when I did eventually get sat and even though I was dining alone was not rushed or treated badly which can be the case.
Have comfortable foot wear my feet are still suffering.
If you want to see artefacts from the history of the world this is for you. If you want to learn a lot it is not!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

As a native New Yorker, this is one of our treasures. The Egyptian exhibit our personal favorite outside of Egypt!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Amazing collections and exhibits, great location right off Central Park, good people watching, & helpful staff make this a favorite for me.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

they had several great shows and the permanent collection is always good to review