“Photographing Central Park From a New Perspective”
Review of Photo Walk-abouts - CLOSED

Photo Walk-abouts
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Walk-abouts are exclusive private walking tours of New York City that focus on teaching the participants to take better photos. A brief lesson on photography and historical commentary are included along with time for participants to take their own photos of NYC. During the tour specific assignments are given and then photos taken are reviewed with the guide. Tours of Greenwich Village, Central Park, Chinatown/Five Points, Wall St./the Financial District, and Historic Harlem are available. Workshops on F-stops, Shutter Speeds and All That and Night Photography are also available.
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The tour guide was knowledgeable about photography and Central Park. She included quite a bit of history about the park itself and gave us good photography instruction, focusing on composition. The tour is suitable for anyone from a novice to a more advanced photographer. However, it is a good tour of Central Park with or without a camera. I was very pleased with the tour. I took each of the photos accompanying this review during the tour. The instructor encouraged us to photograph reflections, which I did. The photo of the hawks, Pale Male and Ginger, required a longer lens (the photo is heavily cropped), but it was fun just to see the birds and to able to photograph them.

2  Thank RufusJ

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I've had a little point-and-shoot for almost a year and have kept it on auto the entire time. With a trip right around the corner, I figured it was time I learned how to use it. I signed up for the Greenwich Village walking tour, hoping I'd get a little history, pick up a few tips on using my camera, learn about basic photo composition, and have fun. Lora provided all this and more.

The tour was informative, both from a historical and camera how-to perspective. With the twists and turns of Greenwich Village, it makes you feel like you've taken a step out of NY and provides beautiful facades, angles and intricate details for pictures. My group was sold out, and Lora still found time to provide individual attention to anyone with a question. She's patient and very thorough and the tour is well orchestrated in terms of timing and route.

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Walking & photographic tour of financial district - including Trinity Church, Wall Street, Stock Exchange, Bowling Green park, Bronze Bull. Tour guide had an obvious passion for both photography and New York City. Commenced tour with a briefing on photography, types of photo opportunities that NYC offers, advice on capabilities of your camera. My wife has recently got into photography with a good SLR camera with a number of lenses, but she had rarely ventured into manual mode before the tour. Right from the start the tour guide had my wife utilizing the full capabilities of manual mode with some good coaching. I am at the other end of the scale with my pocket automatic - I learned new functions on my camera and more about what makes for a great photo. I enjoyed the discussions on the early history of NYC. Our guide was very friendly and flexible allowing us to go at our own pace. We also received good tips on other places in NYC. Recommended.

1  Thank Bwana_11
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My 15 yr. old daughter went on a private tour with Lora last summer. She went to Central Park and the Art Museum and learned to use her new Nikon D90 camera and learned many photography techniques. Best of all, she saw amazing sights and had a really fun day- that she still talks about! It was an amazing tour and well worth the money. We will be going back this summer (from Oklahoma City) for a tour with Lora. I tell everyone about this great tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Since I always have my camera with me, I wanted to do a photo tour while visiting. I picked the Central Park tour because I really love seeing the park but it can be confusing and I thought it would be good for someone to show me around. This tour hit all the major highlights that you've heard about but with the additional benefit that you get to look around and photograph before moving on. There was a nice talk about photography at the beginning to help with making your photos better. The guide and everyone on the tour was friendly and nice and it was a beautiful day so that made the time even better. I'd highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see Central Park in a leisurely manner.

1  Thank jayjay5