“Great Value”
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
Ranked #360 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I was going on a road trip with friends and needed a budget hotel for a couple of nights either side of it. I have previously stayed in a number of hotels in NYC which were overpriced. I am a great believer that you get what you pay for and as such my expectations of the Larchmont weren't that high. Yes the rooms are small, the bed not that comfortable and the decor is dated but what do you expect for $100 per night. On the plus side it is located in a quiet street just off 5th Avenue in the Village. It's easy to get around town from this area and they serve a complimentary breakfast. I wouldn't want to stay here for a week or more but overall it get's the thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: Probably best to stay at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Over-all I think it was great. The only thing was when I got there the T.V.s' weren't working due to maintenance. If I had of known that before I went I would have stayed somewhere else, but apart from that everything was O.k.

Room Tip: check before you go if the T.Vs are working if that bothers you
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank lawrencebgo
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The Larchmont was recommended to us by my partners colleague. What a great hostel/hotel tucked away on a quiet street in the West Village. Close to everything you need. Super clean and very friendly.

Pros
- Very clean
- Bath robe and slippers for guests (nice touch)
- comfortable bed (rm 1E7)
- close to subway, supermarket, eateries, cafés
- basic but good breakfast (toast, pastries, muffins, juice, coffee, tea. Dont forget to take some $ bills with you as breakfast is served to you rather than help yourself.

Cons
- none to report.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate booking future stays at The Larchmont.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IGetAround78
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Excellent location. First time in NYC. Stayed 4 nights. Very comfortable. Shared bathrooms no problem. All very clean. Has a small kitchen on the floor with fridge and cooking facilities.
Continental breakfast simple but set us on our way each day.
Staff at reception desk wonderful when checking in and during our stay. Special mention to Jim and Jane. Jane your helpful directions saved us a lot of time.
Would highly recommend the Larchmont Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Admittedly I paid for a bigger room. When shared bathrooms were advertised I imagined dormitory style bathrooms not the neat little bathrooms in the corridor right next to my room. Its hard to imagine better value. Its in a neat little neighbourhood with an excellent restaurant on the next corner. My only criticism is the breakfast. Too many carbs.Choice only of toast or muffin. Yoghurt would be good.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger one. I did see a smaller single room and it was very, very snug.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo