“Second time in a year and loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“Second time in a year and loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I previously stayed in April 2013 and loved it and returned in August and stayed for a week and loved it even more this time round! Check in was easy and room was spacious and clean with a great view of 6th. I loved the bar was welcoming and the hot chocolates were amazing. The bar staff are excellent! Especially Christopher, Nicole and frank who is a great laugh and interesting to talk to. The food in murals is superb. Would recommend staying here, I am staying here every time I come to New York! Brilliant hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us again and for writing about your positive experience. Nicole, Chris and Frank were very happy to hear that they added to your satisfaction with the Warwick New York. Will you be back for a third visit this year? whenever your next visit may be, we look forward to having you back.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wonderful central NY hotel. Historic, friendly with superb service. Very nice rooms, lovely bar area for evening drinks and light meals. Great breakfast. Very good value for money 'under the radar' hotel. I have stayed at both the Palace and Waldorf, although now this is my favourite and one I will go back to again and again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobKent
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review and for declaring that we have become your new favorite hotel in New York City. I will share your comments with my entire team who work hard every day at providing our guests with the type of environment you experienced. We are thrilled to hear that you prefer us over the Palace and Waldorf and look forward to your next visits to the Warwick.

general Manager
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was a great last minute find for a 1 night stay in NYC. We booked the room while traveling, 2.5hrs b4 arrival.

From the moment we pulled up to when we left the city, this hotel was excellent in every way. Location is central without being crowded; safe and well lit!
Upon arrival, the bellman was very helpful in explaining the valet parking was $45 for 24 hrs & can be billed to the room. This allowed us to keep our vehicle safe while we explored the city after checkout (noon).

Check-in was painless and quick. The clerk could have charged us add-on fees for children but instead, simply stated, "it's only for one night, so as long as you all can fit, enjoy your stay!" Unlike other NYC hotels we've stayed in, elevator wait times were minimal.

We were very pleased @ the size of our 2 double bed room. More importantly, it was very clean! My son and I normally don't sleep well due to allergies but had no issues in our room at the Warwick. The wall climate controls, flat screen LCD TV, abundance of towels & extra blanket were welcomed sights. Our only bad things to say about the room was no free wifi, no bath fan, and lack of in-room coffee maker. Not deal breakers for us...

The next morning, we didn't really hear noises from other departing guests even though we were near the elevator! We did hear the sound of the bellman's whistle fetching cabs outside...but it wasn't overbearing (25th fl).

Checkout was smooth, quick, and efficient. The Warwick's concierge kindly stored our luggage for free (tip) while we explored NYC. It was raining the am of checkout so even though we technically weren't guests anymore, the hotel staff lent us 3 complimentary umbrellas to use while on our day long excursion. When we returned for our final departure, the concierge suggested waiting another 45 minutes to avoid sitting in Holland tunnel traffic. We were certainly glad we listened as we had 0 wait getting out of the city.

Don't hesitate, book this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the very detailed review of your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves while you were with us and especially that our staff took such good care of you and provided you with good and relevant information. Please come and stay with us again the next time you find yourselves in New York. We look forward to seeing you again.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the Warwick Hotel. From our suite on the 9th floor we enjyoed a beautiful view onto 6th Avenue. The location of the hotel is excellent for sightseeing - 5 min. to the Rockefeller Center, 7min. to Time Square and 2 min. to Central Park.
Staff at Reception and Doormen were extremely friendly and helpful.
Suite was very spacious with Bulgaris amenities in the bathroom.
We have not eaten in the Hotel but for sleeping it is fabulous. We would recommend the Warwick New York Hotel to any tourist visiting the Big Apple.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Gruezi and thank you very much for posting your comments following your almost week long stay with us. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location and the services we provided you with when you were here. Please come and stay with us again in the future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family and I traveled last month for a week and we had a great experience. The hotel is a lot closer to 5th Ave than I had thought (less than a 10 minute walk). The hotel itself is beautiful and our room was lovely. Although we did have AC problems for a few of the days that we were there, and we were told that there were problems in other rooms as well. That was unfortunate news, considering the heat of the NY summertime, but that didn't make my experience with the hotel worse. The maintenence men came at our convenience and did their very best to accomodate us.

I'm writing this review in part because of the head of security at the hotel. I had left an iPod in the room the day we were leaving for the airport, and I didn't realize that I had lost it until it was too late. I called the hotel immediately, and they redirected me to security. He was in constant contact with me as I told him which room I was in, if he had found it, etc. He luckily found it before anyone else could and made immediate plans for my iPod to be shipped to my house overnight. For that, I thank you for your honesty.

Overall, we had a great time in New York and would definitely consider coming back to this hotel for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We experienced a rash of heatwaves in New York a little while ago and had some air conditioning units struggle with the heat. Although I am happy to hear that our maintenance staff was able to get you cool again, please accept my apologies for the malfunctions. I am also very happy that were able to reunite you with your iPod so quickly.

Please do come and stay with us again when you come back to New York again. We look forward to seeing you again then.