5,125 results
All reviews bliss products bliss spa whiskey blue w insider mega room new york lexington ave cozy room rooms are small waldorf astoria lobby bar times square central park housekeeping staff rockefeller center few blocks subway station
Reviewed 29 June 2018

HVAC system is outdated. Rattles the room when on. Street noise with trucks. WIndows are not noise reduction. Absolutely terrible hotel. Staff randomly walk-in your room even late at night. Very unsafe.

Room Tip: Noisy & unsafe
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Brian D, Manager at The Maxwell New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

We appreciate the feedback, r0zmel.

We're disappointed you had such challenges during your time with us. We regret the problems you had with the sound levels in the rooms and that your stay didn't exceed your expectations. We care about the comfort of our guests so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Entire Team is phenomenal... PETER is outstanding, has an amazing memory to remember my name and always welcome me back with smile.

This is my 48th stay with this hotel and have never encountered any issues or even if I had, have always ignored it because they made me feel like I belong here.This time I have brought my PR Delegates from India. They are also very happy & satisfied.

I am returning tonight again. Maxwell hotel has become my Hub now.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ManpreetK12
Brian D, Manager at The Maxwell New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, Manpreet!

It's excellent your time with us was so fantastic! We're thrilled our team took such wonderful care of you. Peter is a treasured member of our team so it's not surprising you felt so welcome and comfortable. That's what we like to see!

We can't wait until your next visit so we can share another amazing experience with you, Manpreet! Have a splendid day!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I really wanted to give the hotel a better rating as I have received so good service from many different employees at the Maxwell hotel. From the check in to the doormen and the people serving on us at a conference to all of the reception staff that I have talked to regarding an issue with a missing shoe that was to be delivered to me at the hotel they were all so nice and welcoming. I think that I have talked to at least 10 different people while staying here and everyone was so nice and welcoming with big smiles.

The staff surely deserves 5 stars and the only reason that the hotel does not get that in my review is that a good nights sleep is one of the most important things for me when staying at a hotel and the AC and fan in the bathroom is so noisy that a have not been able to get a good nights sleep while staying here. There is only a sliding door to the bathroom so there is no way of blocking the noise from bthroom fan. I addressed the issue with someone at the reception and she seemed to genuilly wanting to help me but was sorry to say that she knew their fans unfortunately was very noisy and nothing could be done about it.
The rooms are very nice but both the room and the bed is the smallest that I have ever stayed in even in NYC and I was staying in a standard room and not one of the smaller Cozy rooms. I am glad that I was travelling alone and did not have to share the bed with anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Brian D, Manager at The Maxwell New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

We appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your feedback.

Although we’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly team, it’s disappointing to hear that you faced such difficulties with the sound levels in your room. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and a comfortable environment to our guests at all times so please know that your concerns will be addressed to the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward.

We do hope you allow us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Hey Theresa, I'm calling you out, to say as a Platinum Elite status you REIGN SUPREMEST!!!! You gooooooooooooooo gurl right to the top! That Hotel wouldn't survive without her period!! Take notice, she's the go to WONDER WOMEN!!!
Next I'd love to shout out to a few other outstanding individuals there, that add to why I'm a return guest year after year!
Beckum comes running to see me upon arrival, he always makes me feel so Welcome as well as Mercedes, Grace, Rob who light up my life every time I call. There are two amazing Manager's that I have the privilege to know. Michael who always goes beyond and above to make my stay shine bright, And a newer manager Nick who has caught my attention in a very BIG way. He fit's right in with his outstanding veteran team of very special people. I truly miss Jason Clark who was an exceptional manager there for many years. Jason come back to us, we need you there!!! The Maxwell (The W) Hits it out of the Ball park because of you guys BRAVO!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review, Mickey!

We're thrilled your time with us was so amazing! We endeavor to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. It's not surprising that Theresa as well as the rest of our team took such wonderful care of you and made you feel so valued. She is an important member of our team!

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another stellar experience! Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First the negatives: the reception staff were more interested in talking amongst themselves than checking us in, then they were more concerned with selling us an upgraded room at $30 per night. When we saw our room on the 10th floor we knew why, it was cramped and the view from the window was a concrete wall!! Our relatives on the 5th floor weren't much better, they overlooked a building site. the air conditioning was far too noisy to leave on. There is no tea and coffee in the rooms and although it is available in reception at 7.30 you have to be quick to get it.
Now the positives: it is very well situated. A 20 minute walk to Times Square, 10 minutes to Grand Central Station and 15 minutes to Rockefeller Center. The hop on/hop off bus stop in just 100 yards away and Ashleys, just down the road, is excellent for breakfast. Whilst the room was cramped the cleaner did an excellent job and the bar was comfortable serving nice food and a decent drinks selection. Wi-fi was readily available in the reception/bar area. The concierge was also very helpful.

Room Tip: If you are prepared to pay more then do so to avoid the cheapest rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian D, Manager at The Maxwell New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Trevor.

We're disappointed to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a wonderful experience from beginning to end so it's great you enjoyed our prime location and housekeeping service. Please know your feedback regarding our amenities and reception service will be addressed with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve for the future.

We hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with the quality experience we're truly capable of sharing with our guests. Thank you again for the feedback.