6,331 results
All reviews rick's cafe wine and cheese times square new york mini suite every evening continental breakfast bagels hard boiled eggs small hotel lounge area perfect location wonderful hotel home away from home big apple the theater district street noise
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I booked this hotel because of the fab reviews and wasn't disappointed! I spent a long weekend here back in October 07 to celebrate my partners 40th Birthday and he was very impressed with the hotel as well. The staff were lovely and helpful and the cheese and wine on offer each afternoon/early evening was a very impressive extra touch!
The location is fantastic and our room which was at the back of the hotel was perfect. Our friends did have a room on the front which they said was a bit noisy but I guess you have to expect that in NYC!
All in all this is a great hotel and I would definately stay here again and I haven't done that with any of the other hotels I have stayed in in NYC!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank RICSGIRL
Reviewed 10 January 2008

First time to New York and using Trip Advisor. Both experiences were excellent. The previous positive reviews and location swung the decision to book the Casablanca over other hotels and we were not disappointed at all. The hotel staff made the stay effortless with friendly, willing and helpful advice as well as booking restaurants, Broadway shows, taxis etc. For new years it is the PERFECT location, from the bottles of champagne in the rooms on new years eve afternoon to the organised evening meal and exclusive cabaret show, to the roof top view of the ball drop and champagne shower at midnight and after drinks. Fantastic atmosphere - Satisfaction guaranteed!!

Great location for all times of the year with the recommended bus tours, broadway and sights just minutes away.

Finally a big Thanks to all the staff for all their help (especially Peter Price ) and to everyone who worked the holiday as they made ours something to remember

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BonyaUk
Reviewed 9 January 2008

We stayed inthe Casablanca the week after Thanksgiving and found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable and accomodating.
Just turn right out of the door and you are in Time Square. The reception staff could not do enough to help us with our stay and get orientated in NY. Breakfast was quite simple with bagels, mufins and cereal, the wine & cheese in the afternoon was always welcome. The hotel has free internet access for quests as well as a terrace to eat & smoke outside. Overall we enjoyed our stay, our only problem was the noise from the street outside, we didn't get a great deal of sleep on our final night, but then again, it is the center of NY.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Newsy7
Reviewed 7 January 2008

I was hesitant in booking this hotel as I had never heard of it, but decided to rely on TripAdvisor's reviews. The Casablanca was a wonderful place to stay; literally steps from Times Square, courteous and helpful staff, rooms exceptionally clean and well maintained. We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank MAF50
Reviewed 6 January 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Casablanca in August. It was our 22nd anniversary, and after reading about this hotel on Tripadvisor, I contacted the hotel by phone to place our reservations. Weeks, even months before our visit, I called the hotel's front desk several times with questions regarding the city itself--how to get around, the best way to get from the airport to the hotel, the best way to get to Cooperstown, etc. They were always very gracious and answered my questions fully. Once there, we were very happy with our accommodations and the hotel's staff. Being a smaller hotel, we had the luxury of having someone behind the desk always ready and very willing to handle our questions. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. Yes, our room was small, and yes, we were in the front facing a rather noisy street, but the noise didn't keep us awake. It was actually exciting to look out the window and see the flashing lights of Times Square! The surprise bottle of chilled champagne for our anniversary was a very nice touch, too. We would absolutely stay there again, and would recommend it to any adults who wanted to be in the thick of things in NYC. I don't think it had anything that would have been an entertainment to children, however.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple