2,407 results
All reviews times square hi express new york free breakfast the breakfast area yogurt port authority breakfast staff rooms are small city view the empire state building penn station around the corner few blocks hell's kitchen cleaning staff hudson river
Reviewed 28 June 2012

the location is perfect, Times Square, minutes from all means of transportation, even easy to reach in a car (if you must drive in Manhattan...) right out of the Lincoln Tunnel. rooms are a bit small, the hotel is thin , there are only 6 rooms in a floor but has some 35 floors, so rush hours can be annoying while waiting for the elevator. efficient front desk and knowlegable concierge take care of good service. gym is shared with a neighbor hotel so you better do your exercise on the avenues...coffee machine in each room, free wifi working fine, a bit messy breakfast, what can i say: welcome to Manhattan!

Room tip: get a room up to 5th floor and avoid the elevator
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent trip to NYC and hope you had a great time. We apologize for the pitfalls with your stay as we dedicate ourselves to ensuring our guests receive the best service and value. We are constantly working around the clock to improve our hotel for our guests and hope you get a chance to stay with us again so you can see for yourself. Thanks again and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Perfectly located in midtown NYC. Comfortable beds. The fact that there are only 2 elevators is a problem, but once they come, they are fast. Recommended!

Room tip: Lower levels may be better due to elevator shortage, but higher may have better views.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi Rachel! Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your time here and that our location was convenient for your activities. We apologize for any delays you may have experienced with our elevators, but greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. We are humbled by your recommendation and hope other travelers will benefit from your review. Thanks again and we wish you the best!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family just returned from NYC where we spent 6 nights at the Holiday Inn Express - Times Square. The rooms are very small, about the size of a cabin on a cruise ship. We had a room with 2 double beds, the beds are not a standard double size, they are shorter. My husband is 5 '9" tall and his feet hung over the end of the bed. Fortunately, for maybe the first time in my life being short worked to my advantage and I fit. If you sleep curled up this might not be a problem.LOL. The bathrooms are also small, hardly any counter space. The hotel is in a great location easy walking distance to many attractions, the subway, and about 2 blocks to Times Square. There is a taxi stand just around the corner to catch a cab if one is not easily available out the front door. The included breakfast each morning was good enough for us and one of the main reasons we booked this property. It saves a little money and time not having to look around for a place to grab some breakfast. There was plenty of hot coffee - "fancy gourmet." There is a concierge in the front lobby and a couple of computers for your use as well. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. When you said "Thank you" their typical response was "My pleasure." After a hot, fun- filled day out and about in NYC we always came back to a room that was clean, beds made up, fresh towels and the room was cooled down with the air conditioning blasting refreshing cool air for us. Enjoy your time in NYC.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sandiegogirl2
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel! We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to NYC. We do apologize that our room size was not what you expected, but we hope we were able to make up for it with great service and value! We hope you get a chance to stay with us again so you can see how we’re constantly working to improve our services and better train our staff. Thank you again for your kind feedback and we wish you the best! Safe travels!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

On a rescent trip to NYC, my wife & I stayed at this hotel. We found the service was excellent and the staff were all very friendly and eager to help to ensure that our stay was a memorable one. Breakfast is included in the price and the food was of a very high quality, with staff on hand to ensure that we had all that we required. The hotel is well located and allows easy access to the city and to the tour buses as well as other transport links.
It has to be said that, prior to our departure from home, there was a "glitch" in our arrangements. Although this was the fault of a Third Party, and not the fault of the hotel, every effort was made by the hotel to "right the wrong!" We were met on arrival by the Manager and everything was done to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one.
We were delighted with the service and would recomment this as a place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jim602012
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hi Jim! Thanks so much for taking the time to share you experience with us and other travelers! We are absolutely delighted to see you and your wife enjoyed your stay and time here in NYC. We certainly hope you were able to take home some happy memories of your visit. It is our mission to ensure all of our guests have a positive experience with us and are completely satisfied with their stay. We greatly appreciate you choosing our location over the numerous others in the city. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Well, what was suppose to be a grand 13th birthday gift to my granddaughter, (trip to NYC), didn't have a very good start. She forgot to charge her camera, so we left it on the desk to charge, went out to explore the city, came back to made up beds (which were comfortable), but the camera & charger were gone. I immediately reported it to the front desk, where it was handled poorly, not because we didn't get the camera back, but I was insulted by being questioned myself as to wether or not I really had a camera! I have NEVER stole a thing in my life and at 58yrs young, I don't intend to start! By insinuating we didn't have a camera to begin with, is an accusation of lying and stealing! I raised my children with the motto that honesty is the best policy, and I still stand by that. When the manager realized how his remark effected me, he then suggested perhaps we left the door open and another guest stole it! The camera itself was easily replaced to the tune of $150.00, but the SD card which held precious memories of my granddaughters school events and last few days of the school year, that can not be replaced, which is saddening. I hope the person who took enjoys the camera, for we all have our judgement day, God knows, He doesn't sleep! I have traveled in and out of the country frequently and have never had anything removed from my room, this is a first for me and I hope a last!

On the bright side, the beds were comfortable, rooms were very tight, but we managed.Breakfast was good, nice variety, small dining room, but you can take food back to your room. Elevators are a joke, only 2 elevators for 35 floors and 1 broke, but was fixed same day, waits were long regardless. No bedbugs were spotted, altho we did spray for them. Hotel was clean, and staff were pleasent. All negetives were easy to deal with, just seemed alot worse after the camera incident, left a sour taste for me...

Room tip: Higher floors, be prepared to wait for elevators! Lock up all belongings!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank donnajestes
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Thank you for your consecutive reviews of our hotel! We appreciate you choosing our location to celebrate your granddaughter’s 13th birthday. We are sorry to hear about her camera but hope that you all were able to experience some happy memories while you were in NYC anyway. Please understand that we take your situation very seriously and would never do anything to compromise the security of our guests or their property. We have never had such an incident arise at our hotel because we train our staff accordingly, knowing that a lot of trust is put into us by our guests. We are grateful for your kind comments and hope that one day we will be able to mend our relationship and have you stay with us again. Safe travels!