Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$177
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$287
US$208
InterContinental
  • Room Service
US$155
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Fitness centre
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$153
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$228
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$109
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Conrad New York(New York City)
US$633
US$602
1,499 results
All reviewsshared bathroomcafe gitanemeatpacking districtcaptain's cabinthe high linestandard cabinsingle cabinjane streethudson riverbunk bedsfree bikesquirky hotelwhitney museumnew yorkgreenwich villageair conrobes and slippers
Reviewed 1 November 2014

The Jane has all of the elements we usually love in a hotel: history, location, affordability and a good dose of "quirk" thrown in for good measure. In this case, even the quirk and charm couldn't salvage our experience. We were in the city for a long weekend in mid October for work and play, and booked a Captain's room, a larger and more $$ room than the berths we had seen pics of on Yelp and TripAdvisor.

When we checked in, we were given a choice of a river view on the upper floors, or a side room w street view. Well..duh! As we entered the room, which was mediocre, dark, and small, we opened the very small window, and were blasted by an overwhelming amount of traffic noise (West Side Highway). If the room had been nicer, we would have stayed and just dealt with it, but the whole thing was a bit depressing. I'm from NY, and have no illusions about traffic noise..but this was crazy loud. So, down to the lobby we went, to switch out to the 2nd floor, overlooking the pay parking lot across the street. The room was sweet, although small, but the bathroom was large with a giant and fantastic tub, and I loved the peacock silk wall treatments and dark wood.

Here's where the trouble started: the front desk personnel never even mentioned to us that being on the 2nd floor, our room was directly over the nightclub, and that our window opened up one floor above the entrance to the club which was on the side of the building. ARGH!! What this meant was that until well past 2 am on the entire weekend, it was as if we were living atop a booming club, blasting their terrible "house" music with booming, shaking bass lines actually rattling and shaking our entire room. It was a nightmare. After the incessant horror show (yes, we were wearing earplugs!), all the drunk ragers poured out onto the street underneath our room, and yelled like they were in a college dorm or bar. Drunk, sloppy and loud. I'm talking middle of the night here, and for tortuous hours.

The next night was worse, with a private party booked in the upper bar area which was literally underneath our bed. We were offered the opp to move, but who had the energy at that point? Don't tell me we were the first people ever to complain... BAD customer service to even suggest putting a couple over the age of 25 in a room over the club without mentioning it. The desk staff were very nice, although seemed weary.The doormen were excellent.

At checkout, we were given a $50 credit on our bill, which was something, but honestly, taking off a whole night would have been much more commensurate with the sleepless nights we paid over $300 each night for.

NOT RECOMMENDED. We would have checked out early except everything was sold out on this mid October weekend.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on low floors to avoid the hugely loud nightclub directly below you.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terrapindreamr
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Over the last 5 years I've stayed at the Jane twice and always enjoyed my stay there. If your looking for chain hotel accommodations move on. But, if you want nice staff in a grand old setting and don't mind a ship's quarter for a room you are in for a treat. The neighborhood is great and you are close to subways and ground transportation. The High Line is nearby if you'd like to stroll. I'm going back in November and can't wait to hit the lounge downstairs. Try the Jane it's a great experience for single and couples travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2014

This historic hotel was really a wonderful surprise!

The decor is a gorgeous mix of shabby chic and classic architecture paired with wonderful choices of textures, colors and odd dark flair. I so loved the decor I took photos so that I might redo some of my home in this style. (For even more gorgeous styling, check out the bar in the hotel complete with oil paintings, taxidermy and a beat-up disco ball. Excellent cocktails too!) The winding hallways in red and port glass on the stairway doors set the mood for the old (but clean!) building. The ambiance has been well cultivated. (This is not your average Ramada, Hilton, Holiday Inn or Westin so don't expect it.)

We stayed in a captain's suite which, compared to other hotels of the same caliber, was still at a good price for the city. We had our own bathroom as well as our own balcony. Unfortunately, there was work being done on the outside of the building so our access was blocked. (This also created a bit of a problem when the construction crew started drilling into the brick wall next to our bed and woke us up around 8am. At the end of our stay, when I asked for some consideration in this matter, they were very kind and with apologies, took one night off of our stay. This was handled well and to my complete satisfaction, and with my own work in the service industry I know that things happen beyond control, hence still a 5 star rating.)

I did peak into one of the smaller rooms and I will say, they are quite small. But I think if I were traveling with a friend or alone, I wouldn't have an issue with it. (Sharing a bunk bed with my husband though might be a bit too much.)

The location was perfect. This said, I will say that we enjoy walking a lot so a 30-60 minute walk is not a big deal for us. For those less inclined, the subway is very close and easy to use. Being close to the Hudson was lovely to walk up and down with our coffee in the morning. Another good morning walk nearby is The Highline, which is a great getaway from the streets down below. The immediate area had a quiet, residential feel. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to get to the heart of things without much effort.

The staff was sweet, attentive, and warm. When the hairdryer died, they brought a new one to our room. And when we came down later that night, the gentleman who helped us inquired about it, making sure everything was working well.

Overall, I was very happy with our stay. Next time I am in NYC, I will stay here as my preferred home.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the captain suites are really lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2014

The Jane is a great place for a short stop in NYC. I had four nights here in a single room and it was comfortable and clean with attentive and welcoming staff. The share bathrooms are kept spotless and I never once had to wait for a shower. I don't know if I timed it right but I went to shower around 8.00am each day and no problem. I guess the early risers may well have showered before sleep or had already showered and the party goers and bar hoppers were still asleep. The area is spoilt for choice for good cafés and restaurants. For breakfast I'd recommend Grounded down the road. The best burgers and some of the cheapest beers in NYC are at The Corner Bistro, also just down the road, one of the last old time unchanged bohemian bars in the rapidly gentrifying West Village area. Don't miss out on a visit to it. If you are a Dylan Thomas fan you can toast him in The White Horse where he had his fateful last drink, also just around the corner.
Yes, the single rooms are small but the beds are super comfortable and who is spending all day in your room in NYC anyway? The rooms have free cable tv/DVD player; a radio/iPod charger; the hotel has bikes to use for free and they will lend you an iPad or laptop for whilst you're here, gratis. What's not to like?

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NoelH460
Reviewed 25 October 2014

the setting is very special and the view from the bathroom is wonderfull, the room is very small and narrow as if your in a 3th class cabin of an old cruise ship, but convenient, the staf is very friendly and helpfull. The room has no view, and the bar/restaurant doesn't really match with the setting and the atmosphere of the hotel, could be coster.

Room Tip: Go for the larger room, but also more expensive, we hed the cabin with two bunkers.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces