“A lovely, friendly, quirky hotel in a superb location”
Review of The Jane

The Jane
Ranked #311 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed here with my partner in one of the tiny bunk bed rooms for the Marathon. I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed. There isn't enough room to swing a cat in the room but who cares? Spend your non-sleeping time elsewhere. No problems at all in sharing the bathroom - we rarely saw other people (shame) and only once had to wait a few minutes for a shower. The heating was a bit vicious but the window could open so no complaints. The front desk were universally charming and helpful. I had a few problems getting onto the Wi-Fi to start with but they sorted it out no problem. I checked out on the day of the Marathon and left my bag at the hotel, returning to change in the lobby floor bathroom (which was a tad larger than my bedroom). All worked a treat.
The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect. On the subway line that goes to JFK so no hassle changing and in a really vibrant area, rapidly becoming very hipster. And all the restaurants and bars in Greenwich Village are only a short walk away. Really good coffee just down the road at Grounded as well.
Met some guy in the lift who had met his wife to be in one of the tiny rooms and just kept on coming back. I can understand why.

Room Tip: Good idea to be close to a bathroom and note that not all the rooms are the same size - every inch c...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Delighted to hear what a good time you've had here at the Jane Hotel!
Jamie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I booked a room at the Jane and found their website and booking process both efficient and easy to manage. I unfortunately had to cancel the booking, but the cancellation was just as easy and efficient plus great customer service without penalties or excess fees.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Glad to hear of your experience! We look forward to seeing you another time.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed at The Jane last week by myself, all my fears about being a single female traveler were unfounded! The rooms are very secure and the hotel itself is in a nice neighbourhood, I felt totally safe walking around after dark.
Yes the rooms are tiny but your in New York, how much time are you going to be in there!
The bathrooms were very clean and well presented, I only had to wait in line on one morning and I think that’s because the marathon was on and everyone wanted to be out early.
My only recommendation would perhaps be a vending machine somewhere so you could grab snacks and drinks quickly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

So glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay!
Cheers,

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

RUDE. The dance floor is fun if you want to dance but you have to get there before 11 pm if you want to get in. They won't even let you sit down. They have benches and seats and they don't even let you sit on them. They are so rude. I told him I was dissaponted in the service and he responded "thank you." Don't go here.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at The Jane several times. We’ve always enjoyed it. It’s in the heart of The Village and you feel like you’re in a Wes Anderson movie. It’s great value and the shared bathrooms are clean—the AC works. Here’s the punchline though: Our most recent stay involved a room infested with bed bugs. We saw one in our bed the morning after and as the day progressed my husband’s bug bites appeared with a vengeance. Our New Yorker friends instructed us to return to the hotel and notify them. We did this, despite having checked out. The staff were calm. We told them we wanted the night comped and our clothes and belongings cleaned and they obliged. We waited in a spare room for 3 hours while they did whatever is included in their protocol. They brought everything back in plastic bags. They offered us an additional night in the hotel but that was, for obvious reasons, unpalatable so we drove through the night and headed home. Perhaps this is what happens on occasion in the big apple, perhaps no one is immune to the occasional infestation, but unfortunately I think our love affair with The Jane has ended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer F

Hi Jennifer,
We are always delighted to hear from our regular guests. While we appreciate your understanding of the New York City bed bug epidemic, it’s heart breaking to hear they have affected your last stay. Please do reach out to me directly so that I may assist you further. I look forward to hearing from you.